Hi,

recently when I'm bending strings, sometimes I can feel them kind of "grinding" up against the fret bar. This can happen every once in while for a fret, then it will completely go away for a bit, then it will come back (occuring at all different parts on the neck).

It's actually quite frusterating and I really hope my guitar isnt being damaged.

I have an indonesian squire strat. New strings (regular fender bullets).

Any advice/reasoning? How to solve this?

Thanks
Rough frets. Take some 000 or 0000 steel wool to them but mask off the fretboard first so you dont damage the fretboard.

Do not rush it though, if you dont rub the frets long enough they wont smooth out but do not spend an hour on a single fret.
how long have you had the guitar? It may just be the quality of the neck / frets. I recently did a frankenstrat kind of project and ordered a cheaper neck due to lack of funds. The neck is okay but I do get some minor grinding feelings when I do solo bits as well.

You may just need to give it a good break in period if its new or take it to the shop and see if they can shave the frets a bit or something, good luck.
Quote by Darkdevil725
Rough frets. Take some 000 or 0000 steel wool to them but mask off the fretboard first so you dont damage the fretboard.

Do not rush it though, if you dont rub the frets long enough they wont smooth out but do not spend an hour on a single fret.

Good advice, gonna have to try that..