Hi guys, I am a bit stuck on what to do with my gear
I own a epiphone sg special and a DAME lespaul copy.
I also have a Roland micro cube.
I am planning on buying seymour blackouts for the Les Paul but my dream guitar is the schecter atx blackjack FR which has a floyd rose and seymour blackouts. If i get the schecter, i will not have the money to buy seymours for my Lespaul and will not be able to buy a peavey vypyr 15w.
What would you do?
1') Keep Les Paul and install Seymour Blackouts and purchase a peavey vypyr 15w
2') Sell both guitars and buy a Schecter blackjack atx FR and buy peavey vypyr 15w
3") Keep Les Paul, buy a schecter blackjack atx FR and keep Roland microcube?
cheers
Personally, I would probably get a nice tube amp before getting the Schecter. It would be a shame to have such an awesome guitar without the amp to back it up.
if i were you id get anew amp first and probabaly spend a bit more money on it than on new pick ups ...you probabaly have reasons for wanting the vyper but its just what i would do
Definitely wouldn't bother with a Vypyr 15 or with changing pups until I got a proper tube amp. Wouldn't bother with any Vypyr, but that's just me. You get better effects, models, and control out of a mid-level MFX pedal than out of an amp.
If the vypyr is not he way to go, which decent tube amp would you guys recommend thats not too expensive or too big?
Ok, I am on a low budget of 0-500 dollars
I enjoy playing metalish music- Black veil brides, Metallica, Avenged sevenfold, Slayer
To be honest i prefer new but i dont care if its used.
I play at home so nothing too big
I live in New Zealand, i live in Auckland
I have a Les Paul copy I might also get a schecter blackjack atx fr
Which amp would you recommend?
Quote by LPshin
Ok, I am on a low budget of 0-500 dollars
I enjoy playing metalish music- Black veil brides, Metallica, Avenged sevenfold, Slayer
To be honest i prefer new but i dont care if its used.
I play at home so nothing too big
I live in New Zealand, i live in Auckland
I have a Les Paul copy I might also get a schecter blackjack atx fr
Which amp would you recommend?

You have no chance in high hell of finding anything decent with tubes in it for $500 new. If you can push your budget, this is the amp for you:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-JET-CITY-SOLDANO-JCA2112RC-20W-VALVE-GTR-COMBO-/190610962872?pt=AU_Amplifiers&hash=item2c614c79b8

Expanding upon that, you'd want a decent boost pedal with that amp (read: Maxon/Ibanez tubescreamers - OD808/TS9 etc). Therefore add another $150 to your expendature.
Honestly I'd probably get a vyper 30 in that price range.
I'd save up some more. The schecter you want costs what? ~$1200?
For that money you could get a pretty damn good amp. But for 500 you'll struggle to do better than the vyper [imo].
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by Kikuta
You have no chance in high hell of finding anything decent with tubes in it for $500 new. If you can push your budget, this is the amp for you:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-JET-CITY-SOLDANO-JCA2112RC-20W-VALVE-GTR-COMBO-/190610962872?pt=AU_Amplifiers&hash=item2c614c79b8

Expanding upon that, you'd want a decent boost pedal with that amp (read: Maxon/Ibanez tubescreamers - OD808/TS9 etc). Therefore add another $150 to your expendature.

+1

Alternative to the tubescreamer boost, you could get an MXR 10-Band EQ to use as a boost.
Quote by LPshin
god, guitars and instruments are expensive

Yep anything of really good quality will cost you (especially in New Zeland). I have dumped over $20,000USD in to music equipment over the past 12 yrs, but just my stage rig cost a little over $3000USD (1 guitar, 4x12 cab, amp head).

You should go to a music store and try out some amps with your guitar. See what you like that is in your price range.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
You need more money brahh, and when you do get a tube amp. There are a lot of people currently asking the same thing as you right now changing pickups whilst having a cheap sold state amp an it's the same answer everytime. You will not get the desired increase in tone that you expect by changing the pickups when you have a solid state amp FACT. So save up the cash and get something like a 6506 combo or even a Vyper tube
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
What you really need is more money.

Don't we all?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Just be patient and be happy with what you got until you can get something better enough to make it worth it.

I waited 20 years to get my first electric guitar, but since then I've come accross a bunch of great deals and now have 6 electrics. I happened on my first (and only) tube amp in a random music shop (on consignment) and it only cost about 40% of what they cost new--just couldn't pass that up, even if it's not the best out there; it's good enough for me, and it more than gets the job done.

What you don't want to do is save up for a bunch of mediocre stuff and keep trading up incrementally. That's really wasteful and will make it take a lot longer to get where you want to be.

BTW, the reason it took me 20 years to take the plunge into guitars was that I chose car racing over music in high school (not easy when parents wouldn't finance it--worked up to 3 jobs+school) and then had to climb up the ladder high enough so that the guitars wouldn't hold back the family budget.

It's all a lot more affordable now anyway--back in my High School days a starter Squier cost $400; I got my Affinity in 2007 for $125. Factor in inflation and a lot this stuff is dirt cheap these days in comparison.
ok, So i should get a decent tube amp, then new pickups or a guitar.
Since my price range (budget) is limited, what tube amps do you recommend?
That jet city one up there ^^^ somewhere or some peaveys or marshalls?
Don't put blackouts in the LP. I'd put them into your SG if I was going to put them anywhere but I wouldn't do that either. Save your money - amp first.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
You were gonna dump, what, $1200 on a Schecter?

I got my Marshall head used for $1000 and the 1960a 4x12 cab for $369.