http://www.rondomusic.com/interceptorpro727ebtgreen.html

check it out and be jealous.

But I have a question to anyone that cares. I play a lot of metal. I especially like low tuned extended range guitar riffs, like the opening riff of "The Impaler" by The Acacia Strain, or the opening riffs to "Electric Red" and "Perpetual Black Second" by Meshuggah. Groovy ass riffs right? (To anyone that knows those songs).

And since I have this new Agile and using a Peavey Vyper, I want to play like how that sounds. I will not say djent. Because that is lame. Its just heavy ass, low sounding riffs.

What is the best way to approach trying to emulate that style? Should I check out some bands I haven't heard of before that you HAVE heard of, or some songs I should try and play for an example?

Truth be told, I'm just in a rut right now with my guitar playing, so I'm hoping my new guitar and UG can help a fellow musician out.

Thanks for reading
Psssst. Thats exactly what I'm asking. I just didn't want to call it Djent, because I think its stupid. If thats what people consider the official genre of heavy ass riffs then fine. But how do I play like that was what I was getting at. Advice my friend... Derrrrrrr.
I can always learn someone elses songs, but I want tips or maybe some pointers on how I can maybe start to play in a style like that, based on the examples I gave. I guess asking the internet wasn't a good idea.
Quote by HomoSum
I can always learn someone elses songs, but I want tips or maybe some pointers on how I can maybe start to play in a style like that, based on the examples I gave.

I don't know why you've instantly become a douche in the last couple of posts, because you've answered your own question. It's pretty logical - how are you going to emulate a style properly without immersing yourself in it? You're also going to be most interested in the stuff you already like, so go ahead and learn other people's riffs before attempting to just hop into a particular style of play.

For what it's worth, the opening riff to this is one of my favorite seven string riffs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPjG_OKlgic
That was a joke, and I agree with you that Meshuggah aren't Djent. But, obviously learning more material by artists you like would help.

Adjust your tone until you get it how you want, every amp and guitar rig is different so there is no prescription tone for anything.

As for technique, get your rhythms tight and learn how to mute unwanted noise/notes.