Quote by GS LEAD 5
Is that an RG2228?

Axe Fx II, RG2228......**** you man, youve got half my dream rig

Me wants to hear some Meshuggah! obZen anyone?

It is!

I need skills to play Meshuggah - something I haven't been able to purchase with money (yet) ;|
Quote by UnmagicMushroom
Opening your Christmas presents early, are you?

Happy New Guitar Day looks sweet

No no, my Axe Fx II will be my christmas present

Happy new harp day!!
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Sweet! HNGD!
Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp
Quote by Bhaok
Happy new harp day!!

Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Awesome! HNGD, man
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
You have a 2228 and you're getting an Axe FX II for your birthday? I think I hate you . Congrats!

Although... watching that video... might wanna check that locking nut on the left, it's tilted.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
i thought you'd got 8 guitars

very nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^

Quote by Nico the Great
You have a 2228 and you're getting an Axe FX II for your birthday? I think I hate you . Congrats!

Although... watching that video... might wanna check that locking nut on the left, it's tilted.

Naaah, I'm buying the Axe myself as well as I did with this one
you have to love a fretboard you could park a bus on.

HNGD!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
you have to love a fretboard you could park a bus on.

HNGD!

Actually this is really helpful in one regard: When I'm doing rhythm work, I don't anchor half as much as I normally do
Is it just me...or are the locking nuts the wrong way round in your video?

HNGD anyway....I've always wanted to try an 8string....I'm very jealous
How do you do chords on an 8-string? Do you just have to miss a few strings out or change your chord shapes completely? I only have 4 fingers and a thumb!
Quote by Andalus
How do you do chords on an 8-string? Do you just have to miss a few strings out or change your chord shapes completely? I only have 4 fingers and a thumb!

...Like you would on a 6 string? it just adds 2 extra low strings, beyond that it's the same 6 strings you already know.

Think, man.
Quote by Våd Hamster
...Like you would on a 6 string? it just adds 2 extra low strings, beyond that it's the same 6 strings you already know.

Think, man.

Yeah but I have to concentrate really hard to not hit the low E on a 6-string, never mind an 8-string!
Quote by Highelf04
Is it just me...or are the locking nuts the wrong way round in your video?

HNGD anyway....I've always wanted to try an 8string....I'm very jealous

I haven't locked them

Quote by Andalus

Well, basically it open up a lot of open chord shapes and options for interesting root notes. If I drop the F# to E, you can play normal bar chords and simply add an octave and fifth below by extending your barring finger across the low strings.

So a regular A major chord:

E 5
B 5
G 6
D 7
A 7
E 5

Becomes:

E 5
B 5
G 6
D 7
A 7
E 5
B 5
E 5

Now where is your god, bass players?!
Last edited by xFilth at Dec 10, 2011,
Quote by xFilth
I haven't locked them

Well, basically it open up a lot of open chord shapes and options for interesting root notes. If I drop the F# to E, you can play normal bar chords and simply add an octave and fifth below by extending my barring finger across the low strings.

So a regular A major chord:

E 5
B 5
G 6
D 7
A 7
E 5

Becomes:

E 5
B 5
G 6
D 7
A 7
E 5
B 5
E 5

Now where is your god, bass players?!

Ah man cool, cheers for clearing that up. I'm yet to play a 7-string never mind an 8-string, but it's on my list.

Although I'm not sure my fingers are long enough to barre 8 strings...