hi i have a Ibanez Jem7v have never had any issues with it til last month when noticed the trem wasnt going back in tune when did any dives. it was perfect til then. how do i fix this? do i need to oil the joints (thinkits getting slightly stuck as feels a little stiff) r whats the reason normally for a high end trem going wrong? if i bring to guitar shop is it an easily fixed problem? thanks
Remember there are several parts to a tremolo system. It could be old strings, could be a loose nut, the springs could have loosened up... if it feels stiff I guess you could oil some joints but there are a few more possibilities.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Chapstick where the posts hit the knife edge. Works wonders for smoothing things out. You can always expect to have issues with it returning to exactly tuning though. Floating trems all have issues with that. It's one of those things you learn to live with when you choose a floating trem.
Quote by poppameth
Chapstick where the posts hit the knife edge. Works wonders for smoothing things out. You can always expect to have issues with it returning to exactly tuning though. Floating trems all have issues with that. It's one of those things you learn to live with when you choose a floating trem.

Not unless you have an Original Floyd, I have one and I beat the piss out of it for hours and my strings don't go out of tune at all. But yeah check the nut, check the posts, basically anything that could move or adjust and go from there.
Michael Kelly Hex Deluxe
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss SD-1
Marshall MG15DFX

Quote by pwrmax
Kerry King always solos in the key of Satan

Quote by Zach Dunn
just need something meaty like a chubby vagina, yet less bassy and and more trebly.