I don't understand why this is difficult for me. If I take a simple 3 note per string finger pattern like 4-2-1, I can play it fine with pull offs at 168bpm and I can pick 8th note triplets at 168bpm with my right hand with no issues. But when I try to combine it and play 4-2-1, picking each note it completely falls apart.

Any ideas of why this might happen? Something I should look for that I might be doing wrong? Any suggestions on how to fix it besides practicing it slower?
Having the co-ordination to synchronize left and right hand is more difficult than doing them separately. Really the only solution is practice more. Start off slow with a metronome, playing it perfectly with no mistakes, then gradually increase tempo.
Quote by Legion6789
I don't understand why this is difficult for me. If I take a simple 3 note per string finger pattern like 4-2-1, I can play it fine with pull offs at 168bpm and I can pick 8th note triplets at 168bpm with my right hand with no issues. But when I try to combine it and play 4-2-1, picking each note it completely falls apart.

Any ideas of why this might happen? Something I should look for that I might be doing wrong? Any suggestions on how to fix it besides practicing it slower?

It happens because you're not good enough, simple as that - and you already know how to fix it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ just like to add, when doing synch exercises, you have to do em super slow over all the fretboard and all the strings. The strings are different heights and slightly different tensions around the neck, you need to take this into account to synch perfectly.