Hey guys. It's a week since I brought home an used Vox Ac30C2 in perfect conditions. Anyway, it sounds 1000x times better with my standard american strat than with my gibson les paul studio. Is that because of the Vox just sounding better with a strat than a les paul or is it related to the guitars? I haven't changed anything on my les paul, maybe a pick up change will do? Thank You
Last edited by Joeslash at Dec 10, 2011,
Do you change settings on the vox to suit the two guitars? Les Pauls tend to sound better when you boost the mids and add a little more bass end to it. It also might just be your ears. What do you mean by sounds better?
Epiphone Les Paul Studio w/ P90s
Epiphone Wilshire Pro Reissue w/ Pearly Gates Pickups
JCA2212c
Vox Night Train
Raven 1x12
Digitech Whammy
TC Electronic Polyphonic Tuner
Earthquaker Devices The Hoof Fuzz
Carbon Copy
BYOC BBO
TC Arena Reverb
Yeah, I tried various settings for both guitars, finding some really nice positions for the strat, in both clean and gain channels. With ''sounding better'' I mean that with my les paul it seems just to be less ''alive'' than with the strat.
Gear:
American Strat
Les Paul Studio
Vox Ac30
Crappy boss pedals
Crybaby
More guitars
Yeah, lps are much darker and thicker than strats. Try changing strings, action and pickup height on the les paul. You don't have to change pickups to get a great sound.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio w/ P90s
Epiphone Wilshire Pro Reissue w/ Pearly Gates Pickups
JCA2212c
Vox Night Train
Raven 1x12
Digitech Whammy
TC Electronic Polyphonic Tuner
Earthquaker Devices The Hoof Fuzz
Carbon Copy
BYOC BBO
TC Arena Reverb