Okay so I have a 7 string damien elite schecter guitar and an Vox Vt15 amp with a digitech effects pedal.
So recently i have been noticing with the 7 string that the top biggest strings (B and E) sound very muddy and fuzzy. I just now started noticing this and i even got new sytrings because i thought it was old strings and at first they sounded okay and the next day i come back to play and it sounds shit again.
Ive adjusted my amp settings in every possible way, less gain, more gain, less treble, more treble etc etc. and no matter what i do it still sounds muddy.
Yet, my 6 string dean sounds clean and fine no matter what.
Is it the pickups on the schecter or is it the amp or somthing? I really dont know Ive tried everything I know to do and nothing seems to help. It didnt used to sound like this it just started like in the past 2 weeks.
I also notice that the bottom pickup on the schecter sometimes fails to work when I switch the pickup selector, like I put it down and there is no sound so i have to switch it back up and down a couple times.
Help!
Thanks!
you need a better amp to handle the lows better. Maybe an amp with a 12" speaker

The switch sounds like it needs some cleaner sprayed in it or it may need replacing.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
wont that damage it? lol i dont think spraying a liquid on the electronical parts of the guitar would fix it would it? XD and yeah I think I need a better amp the only thing is that it didnt used to sound that way, when i first got the guitar it sounded sweet then idk what happened
Doesn't your schecter have EMGs? If so Check the Battery.
Gear:

Guitars
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez MBM2 EMGs
Fender MIM Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez AS93 BLS

Amp
Carvin V3m
Blackheart 4x12 cab

Pedals
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Wah
JamMan looper delay

Quote by ThrashKing
wont that damage it? lol i dont think spraying a liquid on the electronical parts of the guitar would fix it would it? XD and yeah I think I need a better amp the only thing is that it didnt used to sound that way, when i first got the guitar it sounded sweet then idk what happened

I ment contact cleaner, it is basically canned air for computers there are lots of brands made specificaly for electronics.

Does your guitar have active pickups? it may need a new battery if so
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
battery?!? wtf. I didnt know they needed batteries. yeah they do have emg's....where do i get these batteries and where do i put said batteries at. I had no idea they used batteries lol
look on the back of the guitar for a little plastic "door" if it has active EMG's. you'll need to replace it with a 9 volt if it does.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate