So I ordered my first 'decent' guitar and it showed up today. I really like it, the action is low (fret buzzing on E when I use a certain range of frets), but nevertheless its great; except one thing. Theres plastic wrap on the pickguard with a sticker on it, and its really pissing me off. Before I make matters worse, is there a proper way to remove the plastic? Do I have to take off the pickguard first?

Thanks for the answers for my dumb question

- Dan
There's room for all of God's creatures; Right next to the mashed potatoes.
Quote by Wisthekiller
You grab a loose part, and peel it off. But in doing so, it will severely devalue your guitar.

I don't resell my guitars - its a keeper, and if I don't have a use for it I put it away for later.

So all you really have to do is just grab and peel? Doesn't some get caught in the screws?
lol have you never peeled off any plastic off your phone, laptop etc.? It's there so it doesn't get scratched until you take it off. Just peel and pull if some gets caught just pick it out.

p.s. You be trollin'?
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
ESP LTD EX-360
Peavey VYPYR 30W

"There's nothing constant in the universe.
All ebb and flow, and every shape that's born,
bears in it's womb, the seeds of change".
Quote by Maillouxlp18
lol have you never peeled off any plastic off your phone, laptop etc.? It's there so it doesn't get scratched until you take it off. Just peel and pull if some gets caught just pick it out.

p.s. You be trollin'?

No... I've just pulled plastic on my squier a few years back and it left adhesive stick everywhere and was caught in pickups, etc.

I've worked 4 1/2 months to save $400 to buy this guitar and working on a case. I'm only 15, and I'd appreciate not damaging $400 of labor I've been working for.

See why I'm being so cautious?
Best way to get it off cleanly is to take out all the screws before peeling it off. Just remember where they go!
Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp
I usually just grab a loose end and pull it, bit if you're especially cautious you could remove the screws first.
Just be careful when you're putting them back in, make sure the screw doesn't make a new thread.