Hey UG

Got my dan jacobs esp ltd back today, but im in need of a stand

what stand would be best?

http://www.herculesstands.com/guitars/GS414B.html with the padded legs?

http://www.herculesstands.com/guitars/GS412B.html with a rest for the back of the guitar?

what would be best or is there any other stand you guys could reccomend?

OR wall brackets? im just conscious my guitar'll smack against my wall

cheers guys
Gear

ESP LTD EC-401
Jackson DK2M
Line 6 POD HD300
Buy a wall mount. Some of them actually include a rubber or foam bumper that you put on the wall to stop the body of the guitar from hitting the wall and/or damaging the back of your guitar. If it doesn't and you're worried about it, go to a Home Depot or Lowes (if you're in the States) or any other hardware store and I'm sure you can find a piece of rubber or foam to act as a bumper.
i use the second hercules one you listed
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if i put my guitars in their cases i just end up using the ones not in cases
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

A regular ol' guitar stand fits my V's and ML's just fine, though the points are maybe an inch off the floor. As long as you're careful putting them in the stand they're alright.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D

A regular ol' guitar stand fits my V's and ML's just fine, though the points are maybe an inch off the floor. As long as you're careful putting them in the stand they're alright.

I use something similar, but mine has a different "locking" mechanism to keep the guitar from falling out. The right hand fork extends around the front, and the left hand fork is spring-loaded and you just bend it down to slide your guitar in. I like it, and it was recommended by a BUNCH of people. I'll see if I can't find a link/pic.

EDIT:

Here's the link:

On-Stage Stands GS7153B-B Flip-It! Gran Guitar Stand
Last edited by Blktiger0 at Dec 10, 2011,
I have both the Hercules 412B and the 414B. The 414B is better, the 412B bottom rest thing doesn't work, it slides out to the side when I put my guitars on it.

I have Jackson RR24 shaped guitars. Your shape is different, so I don't know how it would work out... but here are some pics if they help.

Last edited by farmosh203 at Dec 10, 2011,
the bottom rest thingy works on mine. it's meant to go against the back of the guitar, as far as i'm aware, not under it. just to give a little extra support.

serious question- how is the 414 better?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
the bottom rest thingy works on mine. it's meant to go against the back of the guitar, as far as i'm aware, not under it. just to give a little extra support.

serious question- how is the 414 better?

The long fin of the RR24 makes it such that the bottom rest goes under the guitar instead of on the back. If his V is symmetrical I suppose it would work.
ah i see now

can't you just raise it a bit?

that's what i did with my charvel star.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
ah i see now

can't you just raise it a bit?

that's what i did with my charvel star.

Lol, you learn something new every day. I didn't realize you could lift that back rest up higher and it locked in place when you pulled it out...
ahahahaha

don't worry, i'm terrible at mechanical things too
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?