What are the differences? And why should one be better than the other?
They seem to pretty similar. JPXI has stainless steel frets, and according to their website, a slightly different neck profile. I remember watching the JPX video that for that model they made the body a tad bigger than the BFR, so I'm assuming the JPXI has a bigger body as well. Most BFRs also have rosewood fingerboards as well, while the JPXI has ebony. Both great guitars, you can't go wrong.
Last edited by griffin888 at Dec 10, 2011,
Jpx is chambered, am I right?
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
Jpx is chambered, you are correct. That'll give it a bigger unplugged sound, not sure how it translates when plugged in though.

Keep in mind that the maple tops on the BFR's (both models you talk about are BFR's, but I know what you mean) make them much more expensive though.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
The JPXI has a 20" fretboard radius, which is probably one of the biggest differences you'd notice. It also has the modified bridge which apparently solves the issue of the saddle hitting the trem post when you dump the trem, but I never heard about that problem until I watched the video of the JPXI.
Chambered = lighter, better piezo
BFR = classy as hell, custom shop
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
The JPX is chambered, the JPXI is solid.

The JPXI has a 20" radius ebony fretboard, Stainless steel frets, thinner neck and modified trem. It also lacks the transparent finish and figured maple top of the BFR, but that comes down to preference really (the JPXI still has a maple cap over the body, its just under the paint)

The body shape is slightly different, but not much different really. The biggest differences are the thinner neck & 20" fretboard radius. The build quality is exactly the same (Both are still BFR's, just different models)
Last edited by littlephil at Dec 10, 2011,