What's your favorite song that you think is played live better than the studio version?

I prefer the live version of Journeyman from Iron Maiden over the album version, I think Bruce seems more powerful live. He also seems to "play" the crowd as its own instrument at the chorus, pretty amazing to me.

Also, Adrian's solo is a nice addition to the whole song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u50TEPa6NNE&feature=related
Last edited by whereeaglesdare at Dec 10, 2011,
Stairway to Heaven. The studio version is awesome. But the live version that's on the Led Zeppelin DVD is epic.
I would say "I Don't Know" & "Crazy Train" off of the Tribute album. To me, Randy Rhoads just cuts loose and comes alive. I'm not saying that the studio tracks are bad by any means. Both versions are amazing but the live versions are mind blowing! Makes me wish I had that type of talent!
Most of noel gallaghers live stuff. . The entire Teenage cancer trust gig he did. Completely epic.
Oasis nut
Gear: Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Ej-200, Peavey Studio Pro 40, Digitech RP55, Boss ME-20. Too many pedals to list.
Latest additions: epiphone ej-200, boss me-20

Quote by DAiMIteHan

Am I old enough to wear this fist in school?
Money- Pink Floyd
Delicate sound of thunder

Much better than the studio version IMO.
Dark Star
St Steven
China Cat Sunflower/I Know You Rider
Eyes of the World

All by the Grateful Dead
Quote by ortrigger
Stairway to Heaven. The studio version is awesome. But the live version that's on the Led Zeppelin DVD is epic.

to me alot of Zeppelin stuff is better live, their studio versions are great, but they ended up having massive energy in their live versions. such as "What is and what should never be" heard the live version first on VH1 classics and "how the west was won" tripple CD and then heard the original and kinda thought it was weaker than the live one lol.

of course i mean this stuff as a compliment to them though.
Quote by ortrigger

You are completely and utterly 100% correct
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.