So I'm in the planning stage of getting some effects for my rig. I may end up getting a multi-effects unit to control, along with my amp, via midi. For my wah, I really would like a motion activated wah. Basically what I mean is something that is activated when I put my foot on it, and when I take my foot off it springs back and goes to bypass. Similar to a Crybaby 95Q and Morley Tremonti.

Are there any multi-effects units that are capable of doing this? POD HD, Axe FX, TC G-Major, Eleven Rack, anything? Also if there exists such a system, are there any controllers that you recommend that spring back when I take my foot off?

I haven't ruled out a mix of using a few individual pedals along with a multi-effects unit, but I really would like to keep my rig as small as possible and keep my guitar plugged behind me to a rack. Edit: Come to think of it, I realize it's going to take up as much space in my rig as an actual wah pedal. Still, I'm curious what's out there.
Last edited by Ghostmaker at Dec 10, 2011,
Somewhere on the internet are plans to build a rackmount wah for cheap. It's controlled via a MIDI foot controller and it's activated when it leaves a certain position. If you can find one to buy or are able to just build it yourself, I'd recommend that, and put a spring underneath the expression pedal on the foot controller
I've never met a simulated wah that sounded anything like the real thing. Personally I'd just get the 95Q. I bet something like the Axe is set up to use an expression pedal for the wah in the way you describe, but I haven't gotten to use one yet so I don't know if that's the case.
Pretty sure the Axe FX can do this, you'd just need a spring loaded expression pedal. Mission Engineering make various pedals with a spring option.
Quote by fly135
Just because one has tone suck it doesn't mean one's tone sucks.