Pretty interesting. I quite enjoyed that video actually. Some of the girls did seem a bit up themselves when asked if the guy, given the chance would hook up with them. "Uh, yeah!" "Of course!"
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Dec 10, 2011,
Fascinating. Thanks for the share.

Inb4 feminists
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Dec 10, 2011,
Kind of interesting but I get the impression that they've just picked and chosen the answers. There probably were a fair few men and women who went against the trend.

Also, 2:12 - that's gonna be an awkward study session once the camera crews left. Or an awesome night. Depends
I disagreed because I have a really good friend who is a woman, and no interest in dating her. Then the question came up "Would you hook up with her if you she wanted to?" Yes, yes I would, damn.
From Youtube
Women are hypocrites, big news.

/thread
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by Joey-Tribiani
0:51 that guy is the man

i thought the same thing

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
LAWYERED! Boom!

I think its possible though, and while I won't bore you with anecdotal evidence, I'll just say that I have too much personal experience in these matters.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by moscaespañol
i thought the same thing

Someone should make a gif. of that cat
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

That was pretty stupid.

If you're sexually attracted to someone in any way you can't be "just friends?" That's ridiculous.
Saw this posted yesterday on Facebook, I completely agree. I don't have any female friends that I haven't felt feelings for, or at least wanted to hook up with. And the same can be said for all my guy friends. If two people are compatible enough to be friends and get along, then one of them (usually the guy) is going to develop romantic feelings for the other.
Quote by iwannabesedated
That was pretty stupid.

If you're sexually attracted to someone in any way you can't be "just friends?" That's ridiculous.

If you're sexually attracted to them, that means there's something more going on than "just friends" on someone's half of the friendship.
Quote by iwannabesedated
That was pretty stupid.

If you're sexually attracted to someone, you're more than just friends.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by blake1221
If you're sexually attracted to them, that means there's something more going on than "just friends" on someone's half of the friendship.

God damn we're a sexually repressed culture.

I refuse to believe that sexual attraction makes you automatically unable to like someone for any other reason.
It's interesting how the women answered yes, and men said no.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Woffelz
It's interesting how the women answered yes, and men said no.

'Cause the girls lied.

Or are stupid
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by iwannabesedated

I refuse to believe that sexual attraction makes you automatically unable to like someone for any other reason.

Sexual repression? How does that even figure in here?

I'm just saying, for a truly platonic friendship to occur, there can't be sexual implications on either side. If someone's got the hots for another, there's a little bit more going on in their mind.
Quote by iwannabesedated

Sounds like a personal problem.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by blake1221

I'm just saying, for a truly platonic friendship to occur, there can't be sexual implications on either side. If someone's got the hots for another, there's a little bit more going on in their mind.

Adolescents/ Young adults have already found a way around that... "Friends With Benefits"!

It's a little unfair to imply that hooking up definitely means they like someone/ there are unrequited feelings. But what we do see here is that men can easily recognize their feelings and any emotional situation, and women know they have some sort of power to keep it at "just friends".
Quote by blake1221

And I'm saying that's ridiculous.

Hate to overuse a term here but it's just sex. It only gets in the way because we let it get in the way.
One of my best friends is a girl. I don't see the issue with being "just friends".
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Dec 10, 2011,
Quote by JDizzle787
Adolescents/ Young adults have already found a way around that... "Friends With Benefits"!

It's a little unfair to imply that hooking up definitely means they like someone/ there are unrequited feelings. But what we do see here is that men can easily recognize their feelings and any emotional situation, and women know they have some sort of power to keep it at "just friends".

Have you ever tried an FWB situation? Like honestly given it a go?

9/10 times, someone caves. They just don't work out in the end.

Quote by iwannabesedated

Hate to overuse a term here but it's just sex. It only gets in the way because we let it get in the way.

Who said anything about getting in the way? I'm just arguing for the sake of a truly platonic friendship, with no lingering feelings. It is very rare that a friendship works out that way.
Last edited by blake1221 at Dec 10, 2011,
Quote by iwannabesedated

Yeah, we aren't biologically programmed to breed at all EDIT: ah, okay. My bad.

However, though it's possible for a man to find a female friend attractive, most of the scenarios in that video were a little bit "if she liked you, would you go for her?" That doesn't necessarily mean he thinks about her sexually on a basis regular enough to constitute liking her, and there the fact that that "yes" could just be opportunistic, rather than genuine emotion. While it might not make them "just friends," I would still argue that semantically they kind of are.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Dec 10, 2011,
Quote by Banjocal
Yeah, we aren't biologically programmed to breed at all

Not even close to what I meant.
So what you're telling me is a gay guy and a lesbian could never be friends?

>_>
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by iwannabesedated
Not even close to what I meant.

But you HAVE to consider that. I don't know the stats about other species just hooking up, but considering how much everything has evolved to find the best mate and make the most babies, it's interesting how often we don't think about it when it comes to sex.

And yes blake1221, I have been in a FWB situation, and I caved. I'm just saying it happens.
Quote by JDizzle787
But you HAVE to consider that. I don't know the stats about other species just hooking up, but considering how much everything has evolved to find the best mate and make the most babies, it's interesting how often we don't think about it when it comes to sex.

And yes blake1221, I have been in a FWB situation, and I caved. I'm just saying it happens.

Obviously that's the biological reason but sex being recreational is also in our DNA. We (and dolphins, apparently) are the only species that have sex for pleasure, and yet our societal customs seem to reject that part of ourselves at every turn.
Quote by Joey-Tribiani
0:51 that guy is the man

The sandwich guy just oozes swag.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
Quote by iwannabesedated
That was pretty stupid.

+1

All that video shows is that the surveyed men and women have different ideas of what being "just friends" means and that the filmmaker doesn't exactly have much of a passion for empiricism.
The guy eating the sandwich is awesome.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
One feeling, such as sexual attraction, does not define a friendship. Suppose i don't like the fact that my friend listens to lady gaga. Does that one feeling of dislike mean that we can't be friends?

Also, inb4 feminists.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
I dunno, I guess my view on it came from growing up in Conservative Asshole, Ohio. I saw so many young people base their whole lives on finding a boyfriend/girlfriend like there was nothing else in the world and pinning all their hopes and dreams on relationships everyone knew would never work.
Quote by due 07
+1

All that video shows is that the surveyed men and women have different ideas of what being "just friends" means and that the filmmaker doesn't exactly have much of a passion for empiricism.

That bothered me a lot too.
Quote by crazy8rgood
One of my best friends is a girl. I don't see the issue with being "just friends".

This. Two of my best friends are girls. Okay, I'm kinda crazy about one, but the other one, we kissed once at a party and it was just so, so awkward. I'm not too shy, I'll happily kiss someone in public, but it was just the fact that it was one of my best friends, so weird...