I have £50 to spend on something for guitar (saving up is not an option, as its for a christmas present) and I was thinking about getting a pedal.

I have a Peavey 6505+ 112 combo. I have no effects at all for it yet. I know the cleans are pretty terrible on the amp, so do you know if there are any decent acoustic simulators? Or would I be as well to just get a footswitch pedal? Or are there any other pedals you could suggest?

Or would you say any pedals that cheap are not worth buying at all?

thanks
If you want cheap pedals, check out pedals made by Danelectro. Musician's Friend or Guitar Center would be a good place to look. Some of their pedals cost only around 15$, I don't know how much that is in pounds. They have nothing but good reviews, however they probably aren't as great as some higher end pedals, but honestly you really cant refuse to get them since they appeal so largely to a budget musician.
Some of the Danelectro Cool Cats pedals are cool..if you're looking into improving your cleans, maybe a Delta Labs Chorus pedal? most of their pedals are $50 or under.
Try some EHX pedals. They are pretty cheap and really good. I have an LPB-1 which is a clean boost. Got it for about £30 new. True bypass. Sounds awesome. I use it to overdrive my amp though, or to make the sound a bit fatter.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Try some EHX pedals. They are pretty cheap and really good. I have an LPB-1 which is a clean boost. Got it for about £30 new. True bypass. Sounds awesome. I use it to overdrive my amp though, or to make the sound a bit fatter.

Yes yes yes. The Small Clone chorus is awesome, endorsed by Kurt Cobain and about £50. I'm thinking about a double muff overdrive- also about £50 (or even less IIRC).
Dude, where's my band?
get an overdrive to use as a boost

tonerider does what appears to be a clone of a ts9 for £50 on dangleberry music... except they're out of stock and have been for a while (i want one too).

alternatively joyo does what, as far as i'm aware, is a ts808 clone for ~£30 or so (a little less if you get from hong kong on ebay, but then it wouldn't arrive in time for christmas... uket sells them in the UK and it might get here in time, or might not).

if you don't already have a footswitch to change channels, that'd be worth considering, too. Does it just take a normal footswitch jack? if so you could likely afford the joyo od + the footswitch (since you could just get a generic footswitch which shouldn't cost too much).

a chorus or delay or reverb would help the cleans, but if you ask me (since i'm guesing distortion is more important if you have a 6505) an OD would be more useful. even though a 6505 has a ton of gain, hitting its od channel with an od will just make it even more awesome.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They don't look it, but Biyang pedals are fantastic. They have an overdrive called an "od8" which has changeable chips, and different modes. Gimmicks aside, it's a great sounding pedal, and dirt cheap. Good bypass on it too.
The best pedal I ever got was a tuner. I have a TC Polytune, and it's a lot more accurate than a clip-on/ handheld tuner. Boring, but worth it if you're gigging.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

bad monkey thank me later
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
+1 for the Bad Monkey. I use one it's a fantastic pedal and you can get one second hand for next to nothing.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by jimbob78
They don't look it, but Biyang pedals are fantastic. They have an overdrive called an "od8" which has changeable chips, and different modes. Gimmicks aside, it's a great sounding pedal, and dirt cheap. Good bypass on it too.

they do sound pretty good, but in my experience, their reliability is terrible. i'd go with tonerider or joyo over them, no question... fewer bells and whistles, but at least they won't die if you look at them funny
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Fair say Dave. I've never had to live with one :P
Digitech bad monkey is a pretty good boost.
I haven't tried the other 2 manufacturers, but I'll take your word on it mate.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

yeah i've had several (i bought them before teh reliability problems became apparent ), and they're all dead bar one (and even it's not 100%). One of the replacements I was sent was also dodgy, out of the box.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?