So, I'm STILL waiting on my Jet City from AMS, but until then, the other guitarist of my band has offered me to use his 15w Fender Blues Junior. I can run it through my Jet City Cab, and my gear is listed below that I'll be using with it. However, will that give me a better metal tone, or will using a Marshall MG30DFX plugged into a PA using the Emulated Line Out with the same gear setup be a better option? The Blues Junior isn't really made for metal, but the MG pretty much sucks at everything. I managed to get a decent tone out of it last night through our PA, but I was looking for some opinions on the subject.

EDIT:
If it makes a difference, the PA has 10" speakers on it.
i'm guessing the bj with pedal will sound better, but i could be wrong.

i guess it depends on whether a good amp which isn't aimed at the tones you want sounds better than a crap amp which is...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'm guessing the bj with pedal will sound better, but i could be wrong.

i guess it depends on whether a good amp which isn't aimed at the tones you want sounds better than a crap amp which is...

Those were basically my thoughts. I was just hoping maybe someone would have some sort of insight into the situation.
^^ (greeny) he doesn't have a klon

Quote by Blktiger0
Those were basically my thoughts. I was just hoping maybe someone would have some sort of insight into the situation.

yeah

i don't

i'd probably chance the BJ, but you'd need to try them together just in case the mg surprises you
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
id take the blues junior
but then again ive played metal on an acoustic guitar and gotten better tones than through an mg
true story..thick acoutic stirng great for thick tone
Just use your Hardwire TL-2 through the Fender.

Who would ever turn down a BJ?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Trying both won't be a problem, but I wanted to see if there was a unanimous answer so I don't set there and adjust settings for an hour on a lost cause and then switch to the other one and have no problems.

I'm REALLY hoping my damn 100w will be in tuesday next week, but realistically, it'll probably be wednesday or thursday. We have a gig friday and sunday, though, so AMS better start putting some pressure on Jet City's shipping. I mean, I've either called, chatted via their website or done both EVERY day this week asking about it and bitching about being on a time schedule. I make sure to tell them I realize it's not their fault, but i figure if I bitch about it enough, they might start listening.
Quote by greeny23
i can't say no to a good MG.

Such thing exists?
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Hey, guys, just wanted to throw an update your way!

I've been using the Blues Junior, and it sounds great, honestly. Good response, fantastic cleans, and no problem keeping up with a drummer, bassist, singer, and second guitarist. (he's using a rectoverb, for reference).

The only problem now is with my gig amp. So far, AMS still doesn't have it in stock (I have it pre-ordered) and I'm starting to sweat. We have a gig this Friday at a smaller venue, but then this Sunday we're playing a Battle of the Bands in Columbus at the Alrosa Villa (where Dime was shot ). From what I hear, it's a bigger venue, and I'm worried about volume. At the moment, the Master is at noon and the channel is at 9 o'clock, but I'm using my TL-2 for distortion (volume is also around 9 o'clock) and my MXR 10-Band for shaping my sound. All of the sliders on it are boosted at least some (except gain and volume), so it increases the volume a good deal. Would I be able to keep up with the rest of the guys using the BJ? Also, I would like to use my MXR as a boost, but I like the sound it provides me when it's on all the time as opposed to just the TL-2.

Also, if it helps at all, my pedal chain is:

Guitar>Wah>TL-2>10-Band>ISP Decimator>BJ

Thanks, guys!
If they were the only two amps in the world I'd choose the BJ but really neither are right for the job.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I've gotta believe that a Battle of the Bands at a larger venue would mic your amp, no? In that case, you don't need to worry.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
What sort of dumbass sound guy doesn't mike the guitar amps?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
If BotB doesn't mic you up, then they're idiots.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by Cathbard
If they were the only two amps in the world I'd choose the BJ but really neither are right for the job.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138

I'm not buying them, they're available to me. I just bought the Jet City, but it hasn't arrived...
I thought I would update everyone, just in case the situation would ever arise for anyone else.

I ended up using the Blues Junior, and it worked out pretty awesome. It sounded great mixed with the TL-2, and I was able to use the MXR 10-Band as a boost for soloing. Both venues we played mic'ed everyone up anyway, so volume wasn't an issue, although I don't think it would have been an issue anyway. The only thing it really lacked much was low end, but I was able to compensate by cranking it a bit on the amp and turning up the lows on the TL-2.

Thanks to all of you guys for your help!