Page 1 of 3
How'ya Doin Ya'll... My mates have been sayin' that if you say a number off keywords during a phone call, (terrorist, bomb, al qaeda, bin laden, 9/11)......That the FBI/CIA listen in to your call....

TRUE or FALSE?

Cheers
Gear

Ibanez RGD320
BC Rich Bich
JimDeacon SG
Fender Mustang II
True, it's called the Carnivore program (echelon past the borders of the US).
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
They have no right to. I doubt it's true.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
I have heard, with NO verification, that they only do that with international calls to certain regions of the world. I'm sure if they wanted to, they could listen to us all, but, for the most part, that would be pretty boring, "Yea, i'll get some eggs too, do we have milk?".
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by ecvMatt
I have heard, with NO verification, that they only do that with international calls to certain regions of the world. I'm sure if they wanted to, they could listen to us all, but, for the most part, that would be pretty boring, "Yea, i'll get some eggs too, do we have milk?".

The whole point is that only calls that contain certain words are flagged. If you say a word like "terrorism" or "bomb" then someone checks it out. This goes for e-mails aswell.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
Nah, News of the World got in there first.

EDIT: That's one massive task though if it were true. I mean, it's not gunna be 25 people a day, it's gunna be tens of thousands. A day. Even for a computer to do that, they're still gunna have to investigate that further themselves and that's gotta be several thousand still. Just seems like a mammoth task to me.
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Dec 10, 2011,
True, been around for years now.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Ibanez RGA7
Washburn KC-40V
Fender Mexican Strat
Axe FX 2
Peavey 6505
Laney 4x12 (V30's)
Samson PB10 Pro
TC Electronics G Major 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Korg DTR-2000
Ibanez Tubescreamer
they probably do in international calls, and it would actually be people listening in. Probably just some algorithm that counts certain words and accesses the risk. Kinda of like how google searches are based on words and location. It's just application of linear algebra in programming. They may even do it on intranational calls, just the risk is lower and probably different words have different values
FBI Fact...

FBI FACT...

FACT

"Fact: A thing that is known or proved to be true"- Oxford Dictionary

Logical dedution prevails.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by Metallicuh
They have no right to. I doubt it's true.

In fact they do have very cogent rights (some in theory, most in practice) to do so.

Analogy: Being subjected to checks at the airport.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by The_Sophist
The whole point is that only calls that contain certain words are flagged. If you say a word like "terrorism" or "bomb" then someone checks it out. This goes for e-mails aswell.

Right, but it would be entirely too difficult to listen to them all, or monitor every email, so they focus their efforts on the areas they are most likely to get results from.

If the listening program flags a certain number of keywords, it saves the audio file and forwards to a real person who then determines if the calls are terrorist related.
Quote by CodChick

If it is true. Then the FBI are listening to the wrong calls. How many Terrorists do you think call up their Terrorist buddies like
"Hey Terrorist buddy, you still up for bombing the statue of liberty tomorrow? We got our big bombs sorted, and we're all gonna be like. BOOM BOOM POW on those yanky doodle's faces! It'll be like 9/11 all over again dude! Anyways hit me back. Bin Laden owwwwt!"
Quote by ecvMatt
Right, but it would be entirely too difficult to listen to them all, or monitor every email, so they focus their efforts on the areas they are most likely to get results from.

If the listening program flags a certain number of keywords, it saves the audio file and forwards to a real person who then determines if the calls are terrorist related.

This.

Exactly what I was trying to articulate.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
I am curious about how they scan the web though. Do you think this thread will get flagged, it has a ton of the words in it, and will there be some low level fed sitting at a desk reading this thread on Monday?
Quote by CodChick

True, its in the Patriot act.....

Edit:Beaten to it.........
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by bendystraw
This is a highly supplementary infograph for the topic, check it.

(Invalid img)

Whatever it takes to keep those terrorists away.
I'm pretty sure this thread will draw more attention to you than you saying one of those words on the phone. I had an International Relations teacher who had the FBI knock on his door once. He had checked some books out from the library on terrorism so he could answer his class's questions and the FBI took notice.
I pride myself on my humility.
Is it cool for me to inb4 zoot? I really don't know him that well but every time something like this pops up people seem to inb4 him because he is a conspiracy nut?

anyways, I'll do it and look cool

inb4 zoot
Well, how would they know you said that? They would have already been listening to your call in the first place.
Skip the username, call me Billy
ACLU.org has a lot more on bullshit that goes on/tries to go on. Used it for many of my sources in a speech on wiretapping earlier fall semester
Quote by ecvMatt
I am curious about how they scan the web though. Do you think this thread will get flagged, it has a ton of the words in it, and will there be some low level fed sitting at a desk reading this thread on Monday?

I hope not because they could catch me for having a pound of bomb ass weed. I rank it 9/11. It's some afghan kush, the kind of weed bin laden himself would smoke.

Edit: to the dude who asked how would they know if a keyword was said. Idk man good question. Computer recognization would be hard with thick accents. Maybe a monkey trained to listen to keyw
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at Dec 10, 2011,
Quote by mtshark
I'm pretty sure this thread will draw more attention to you than you saying one of those words on the phone. I had an International Relations teacher who had the FBI knock on his door once. He had checked some books out from the library on terrorism so he could answer his class's questions and the FBI took notice.

Are you serious?

That's absolutely rediculous. That sounds like something out of nazi germany.
Quote by ecvMatt

It's all true man! Everything you've heard is true. They're screening our calls and web searchs, putting mind control drugs in the water supply, watching your house man. No where is safe. Run now before they catch up to you!

EDIT:

THE FBI IS NOT WATCHING YOU CITIZEN. RETURN TO YOUR WORK STATIONS

SIGNED

NOT THE FBI
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
(terrorist, bomb, al qaeda, bin laden, 9/11)

I hope not because they could catch me for having a pound of bomb ass weed. I rank it 9/11. It's some afghan kush, the kind of weed bin laden himself would smoke.

Edit: to the dude who asked how would they know if a keyword was said. Idk man good question. Computer recognization would be hard with thick accents. Maybe a monkey trained to listen to keywords?

I lol'ed. Also, I'm attempting to attract attention by quoting even more possibly detectable words.
Quote by ecvMatt

"damn terrorist guitar playing kids! lets monitor them. they seem more suspicious than Osama."

Quote by sk8ordie97
PATRIOT act, bro. They can do whatever the **** they want.

that sucks. i can't wait for all this to be over.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Last edited by Metallicuh at Dec 10, 2011,
Quote by Life Is Brutal
I lol'ed. Also, I'm attempting to attract attention by quoting even more possibly detectable words.

Make a bunch of fake yahoo id's. And send a bunch of emails talking about forming a terrorist group and plan out a fake white house bombing.
Quote by Metallicuh
"damn terrorist guitar playing kids! lets monitor them. they seem more suspicious than Osama."

Considering he's dead, we probably do.
My girlfriend and I have jokes regarding this.

And by that I mean I text her corny lovethings with words like "BOMB" and "SARIN GAS" interspersed. Got the idea from this asofterworld comic.

Stuff like "I BOMB love SARIN GAS you so INFIDEL RETRIBUTION JIHAD fucking much SEATTLE CAR BOMB."
Ah, the evil guv'ment. OUT TO GETCHA WITH YA'LLS' DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR AND PARANOIA
My God, it's full of stars!
Page 1 of 3