Why? Every member of my fav band does it, and I get the impression of that most metal musicians smoke? Why? I want them to live longer so they can make awesome music! I have no right to tell them what to do, and smokers are perfectly allowed to do it, this is no hate post, I just wondered why? x)

This may be pointless yes ... but it just stroke me all of sudden xD
well stroke it somewhere else

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Quote by rg_metal
well stroke it somewhere else

Why, this is the metal forums ... where else should I post it? Pit?
They don't. Which bands are you talking about OP?
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by GibsonMan321
They don't. Which bands are you talking about OP?

Children of Bodom (everyone without Janne), Nightwish (Tuomas), Charon (finnish gothic metal band), Petri Lindroos (Norther,Ensiferum) also the drummer of Norther, The almighty Lemmy Kilmister (Motorhead), I believe Dave Mustaine (Megadeth), Abbath (Immortal), and I belive Phil Anselmo of Pantera aswell.

Okay not all bands do it, but I get the impression of that many do... Maybe I'm totally wrong here, but ....
Quote by NotFromANUS
Because they're fags!!!!

Get it, like the British slang...

Oh NfA, you're such a pussy.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
If you don't smoke as a metal musician, they pull your card.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I just went downstairs, splashed some water in my face and I woke up and realized this was a stupid thread, I don't give a shit anymore x)
Because they also smoke weed and a cig after a J makes it hit you harder and gives a more energetic body high.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by francesco18
They usually abuse heroin, alcohol and cocaine and do you worry about smoking ?

Well, as I said ... it just stroke me O.o
I've noticed members of very few metal bands I listen to ever smoking... actually, I can't think of more than 2 or 3... I really don't think the ratio of smokers is any higher amongst metal bands than in the general population.
actually most real metal musicians are straight edge because they reject the hedonistic crutches of weak western society.