Thinking about getting this guitar, but was wondering what all your opinions were on this one.

I heard it is pretty versatile (considering it has the humbuckers instead of the traditional pickups) and that is something I'm looking for. I've played on a stratocaster model my whole life so it wouldn't be a big change for me. The price range is near perfect at around $700.

Overall, I've heard that the Blacktop series are pretty reliable, but you can always use more advice before going through with buying a new guitar.

I've used a shitty Yamaha since I started played 6 years ago, so I'm pretty damn stoked for something new!

http://www.fender.com/products/blacktop/models.php?prodNo=014810 is a link to the guitar.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

~ Kurt Cobain ~
The prices on Fender's (and most guitar company's websites) are the MSRP. The actual price is considerably lower.

I have no experience with these, I just wanted to tell you

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
I don't really like the blacktops. They don't sound "thick"

And its $499 at most chain retailers.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by xBrando
near perfect at around $700.

at $700 you should be looking at something like this
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by moscaespañol
The prices on Fender's (and most guitar company's websites) are the MSRP. The actual price is considerably lower.

I have no experience with these, I just wanted to tell you

Good to know, thanks!
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

~ Kurt Cobain ~
I personally like the Blacktop line up as they are great for versatility, and the prices are reasonable. They're worth for this range of prices.

\m/
I was really considering getting the Blacktop Strat for a long time. It ideally fit be because of the humbuckers and still being able to have it coil split because of the 5 way switch. I really wanted to try one out in the local store but there wasn't one, I eventually saved my pennys and got a second hand Gibson SG. Like I say to everyone, try before you buy. You might really hate it if you pick one up at your local music shop.
Gear:

Electric Guitars:
Squier Bullet Strat
Ibanez RG350MDX
Gibson SG

Acoustic Guitars:
Tanglewood Roadster

Pedals:
Boss MT-2
Dunlop Crybaby Classic

Amp:
Vox VT40 Plus Valvetronix

R.I.P Cobain, Burton, Dio, Bonham, Mercury
Tested one out at a shop and loved it. Already put a down payment for it. Definitely get it.
Having humbuckers doesn't make it more versatile, TS, just different. Also, the HB's in it are rather lackluster. It feels like any other MIM Stratocaster.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
No, it's very different in vibe altogether. Mexican standard is satin neck. This is a gloss. Played four of them. Set up three. Got three in the store where I work. THE next guitar for me. Very versatile. And no, we don't have internet distribution at my store, so I don't benefit personally. One small gripe with the volume pot, but an easy fix. Awesome guitar. Shred on it, play blues or jazz, or whatever. The collectors I talk on a regular basis to are not objective on price, but if they're "players", are SUBJECTIVE on tone and playability. This is a player, meant for players. Not ideal for drop-Ab tunings... (is that even metal anymore?) For frequencies that real people can hear, this is a MUST PLAY.
Last year when I went to the GC in dallas I tried an EC1000 a few ibanez RG's and some midrange/high end epiphone but the guitar I thought played and had the most well rounded versatile tone was the HH blacktop strat. Also had one of the most comfortable necks on it, infact the whole reason I am even keeping my squier strat right now is cause the neck feels almost identical to the blacktop.

Edit: I didnt notice with was a necropost.
The bass player in my band has one (he also plays guitar), I borrowed it for recording and it's a really great guitar. Beautiful cleans and very bitey with some dirt.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.