Hey,

Has any one got or checked out Alex Skolnicks Jazz guitar DVD from Rock House Methods?

How good is it? How useful is it? and how basic does it go?

I'v studied a bit of Jazz before and don't just want to repeat what I'v already done.

Alternatively, does any one know of any other great Jazz instruction DVD's?

Thanks in advance.

=)
Last edited by jkielq91 at Dec 10, 2011,
I'd recommend getting one from a jazz musician rather than a metal musician. Just because he dabbles doesn't mean you should get his over, say, Vignolo's.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by gwitersnamps
I'd recommend getting one from a jazz musician rather than a metal musician. Just because he dabbles doesn't mean you should get his over, say, Vignolo's.

Just because he plays metal to doesnt mean he's not a jazz musician.

The point of the DVD is that it teaches Jazz in a way thats good for people more familiar with blues and rock, like myself.

I do understand what your saying though and do not disagree.
Quote by gwitersnamps

Clearly you've never seen him play jazz. He plays in a jazz trio, and has also studied & played jazz for years.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by GibsonMan321
Clearly you've never seen him play jazz. He plays in a jazz trio, and has also studied & played jazz for years.

Actually I have seen him play jazz, but I think you'd get a much stronger base of knowledge, and become a more versatile player, by getting a lesson video from somebody who was primarily educated as a jazz guitarist. Go straight to the source, as they say.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50