Hey all,

I know pretty much how a single coil pickup works.
It's made out of a substance that picks up the string vibrations and then being taken to an amplifier, where the signal is made stronger and reproduced into the amp.
But why do 2 pickups sound fuller and why do they produce less noise?
Because 2 is more than 1, and because they buck hum, hence, humbucking.

Something along those lines I'm sure.

On a serious note, it just has to do with the way the magnets work together with the copper coil when they're right beside/attached to each other.

EDIT: I think.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Last edited by Tango616 at Dec 10, 2011,
Look it up on the internet. I will give a hint. Coil, generator and phase cancellation.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
because one pick up is rounded on one way, and the next one to the other, and then it cancells the hum producedby single coils because one would be positive and the other negative (that part i don't know if it's EXACTLY like that, but something like this is involved). also, there are two pickups picking the same signal, so it sounds fuller. like it sounds fuller when you hear 2 speakers instead of one
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
it works by http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+humbuckers+work%3F
I'm sorry,I've been waiting for an opportunity to use that on someone!
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.