I'm going to mod my Telecaster and part of that means throwing a humbucker in the bridge position.
I LOVE the way the Ash-Tray style bridge feels on light teles and since mines super light, I want one. I haven't ever seen one for a humbucker route though.
Does anyone know where I can find an "Ash-Tray" style bridge that has a humbucker route?
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
They do not exist. You can put in a stacked single coil though. Guitarfetish.com has the lil killer
guitarheads.net has the mini rails, and Seymour Duncan makes Hot Rails. If you want a full sized humbucker though you will have to use one like this http://store.guitarfetish.com/Chrome-Humbucker-Bridge-for-Tele-Guitars_p_159.html
or use http://store.guitarfetish.com/Cutaway-Wilkinson-Compensated-Tele-Bridge-Brass-Saddles_p_1805.html

but that's not the full ashtray

the issue is that the ashtray bridge is built with the width of the slanted SC in mind, it needs to be considerably wider for a humbucker including mounting as well and you end up with a lot of dead space that isn't aesthetically pleasing, so they don't get made
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Why dont you just fit a single hunbucker like this one......?

The only thing you have to do is swap and solder in........easy.
Quote by dsss guitars

Aren't the singles for a Tele bridge position a different size to regular single coils?
theyre a different screw fitting, but Dimarzio, Artec(GFS) and SD all do them
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Nope.. just make sure to get the one ment for teles due to mounting screw locations
Quote by dsss guitars

Like I stated in my post there are these which are the most expensive but offer the highest tone quality.

And then these are much cheaper they wont sound quite as good but they are far from being bad. They sound pretty damn good in my opinion. Guitarheads.net has sound clips and a video on the page I linked. And the GFS lil punchers are all over youtube.

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Lil-Puncher-XL-Three-Versions-Available_p_465.html
http://guitarheads.net/products/pickups/minirailtele.html

Heres a better video of the guitar heads.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hztV5mnXhAg
that's a modern style tele bridge, he's after a vintage style one, with the edges up on 3 sides
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Quote by dsss guitars
Look what I found

fail...
Next time you should probably actually read the thread.
Yeah, guitarfetish.com was the first place I looked. I want a fullsize humbucker. I was thinking about single coil size ones, but I'd rather stick with a fullsize.
I hadn't thought about the "dead space" that a full size humbucker ash tray would have though.
I'm thinking I may be better off going with a mini size humbucker humbucker and modding an ash tray.

Thanks a lot guys. Gave me a lot to think about.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Quote by GABarrie
that's a modern style tele bridge, he's after a vintage style one, with the edges up on 3 sides

Where does it say that?
Quote by dsss guitars
Where does it say that?

Well....

Quote by Bottle of Dirt
I'm going to mod my Telecaster and part of that means throwing a humbucker in the bridge position.
I LOVE the way the Ash-Tray style bridge feels on light teles and since mines super light, I want one. I haven't ever seen one for a humbucker route though.
Does anyone know where I can find an "Ash-Tray" style bridge that has a humbucker route?

there..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Sorry....maybe i need new glasses but I cannot see the words "Vintage....or......... edges up on three sides"
Must phone specsavers.......provided of course i can interperate the underlying meanings of subliminal text and work out the real phone number........
the vintage bridges are called Ash-Tray bridges
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Quote by dsss guitars
Sorry....maybe i need new glasses but I cannot see the words "Vintage....or......... edges up on three sides"
Must phone specsavers.......provided of course i can interperate the underlying meanings of subliminal text and work out the real phone number........

Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by dsss guitars

You came, you saw, you failed...

Again I say READ the threads next time. This way when you are trying to be a jerk disguising it as help such as you were when you first posted you might actually have some success.

Quote by Bottle of Dirt

I'm thinking I may be better off going with a mini size humbucker humbucker and modding an ash tray.

Thanks a lot guys. Gave me a lot to think about.

I dunno if that will work, as long as its not as wide as a full size humbucker though then you should be good. If it does work that would be cool cause I dont think anyone else has put a mini bucker in a ash tray bridge before.
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Dec 12, 2011,