I have a question. Can I put a 24 fret neck in a strat style body? I don't know if the extra 2 frets would mess with the Humbucker or not... Its a universal Pickup configuration body so I don't think it would matter if I got the right pickguard.

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
i wouldn't do it with that body, you'd have to cut into your 'swimming pool' cutout to clear the neck.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
i wouldn't do it with that body, you'd have to cut into your 'swimming pool' cutout to clear the neck.

Ok! Thanks, I'd perfer not to cut into that as I want a HSH Configuration, I guess that 24 Fret neck shall wait! lol
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
You'd have to check where the intonation would end up. And if the fretboard overhangs from the neck, see how close the fretboard would be to the pickup. It seems like a cool idea but I think you might end up with major intonation problems.
"The most important thing about music is energy and emotion, not how well you can play. Technique should be a tool to achieve your vision, not the other way around."
-Jeff Tuttle

More guitar, less ultimate-guitar!
I've seen 24 fret necks where the fretboard holding the extra frets extends further than the neck itself so it will fit in a standard body pocket. You could use one of those but you would have to cut a new scratchplate to relocate the neck pickup.
It's an option.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
As long as the total scale length is 25.5" it should work. A neck with a fretboard overhang will work best. Otherwise you'll have to cut into the cavity further. You'll need a different pick guard to squeeze the pups closer together. If you can find an Ibanez RG pickguard it'll work perfectly. Most RGs have a 24 fret 25.5" scale neck and accomplish this by squeezing the pups closer together than a strat does.
I can buy one that's uncut, I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty Well in this case Plasticy

EDIT: Plus I'd be making my own neck, unless I decide to remove the fretboard of an old one I have, but that's been sitting a bit to long for me to want to get in that horror
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Last edited by Xter at Dec 15, 2011,