Hello everyone, I just banged out a Foster the People cover today. Been working on it for like the past 8 hours :P

Crits welcome. I'd love to know if people think the vocal balance is ok and if the wah wah guitar part sounds good. C4C as always

Cover: http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11323353
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
Wow. This is very good. You blow my cover out of the water.

Everything sounds really well produced as well. I like the piano after the second chorus and the wah-wah "whistle solo". I would have mixed the bass a little heavier, but that's a personal preference.

Very nice cover!
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Thanks for the detailed crit on my Christmas medley, I need more specific crits and you gave it to me so I sincerely thank you for that

I love the vocals. I absolutely love them. The only thing I can really say is that in the intro, your guitar lacks... life. It almost sounds MIDI-ish. The final chord strum was also a little too abrupt for me, but that's just what I think.

Great work!
Thanks guys I thought about doing more of a 'lead' kind of background guitar during the verse so I'll try and do that so it's not a lifeless block kinda thing :p
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
Sounds great! I'm not sure what it is, but something about the guitar solo sounds off to me. I think the guitar tone might be a little harsh.

I really liked the vocals, very emotional. I also liked the abruptness of the ending, I thought it worked really well.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1503664

Edit: Actually, after listening to the wah part again I think it actually sounds ever-so-slightly off pitch, like maybe you were using a too much vibrato or were tuned slightly sharp. Though it might just seem that way because there were no other music in the background to back up the solo. Maybe a few soft piano chords would provide a basis for the solo? Just some ideas
Last edited by Frank_Black at Dec 13, 2011,