Poll: Would you prefer to be born before or after you were?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you prefer to be born before or after you were?
Yes, Before.
47 52%
Yes, After
10 11%
NO.
33 37%
Voters: 90.
Page 1 of 3
If you could be born at any given time period/year for any reason would you? I would be born in 1953 so I would be 16 in 69 and be able to listen to Led Zeppelin's albums as they came and go to their concerts, oh and the same for my other bands. Plus I would have loved to grow up in the age of rock, and I have from what I have heard about the times, I would fit better then than now.

When would you preferred to have born.

Pole coming.
Last edited by fg-433s at Dec 10, 2011,
Late 60s so I'd be in my prime for Joy Division, The Smiths and the 80s.

Obligatory Smiths post
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

We have some pretty amazing bands coming out right now that sound like they're gonna be classics. You've just got to open your mind a little more man.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Medieval times like in Game of Thrones
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by institutions
The year 3000, so I would be able to just have a job assigned to me and i'd be able to get there quickly in a giant tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MznLU4USbA

Yes, this was Busted, not Jonas Brothers, they can piss off

Last edited by Trowzaa at Dec 10, 2011,
Quote by Vince Sixx
We have some pretty amazing bands coming out right now that sound like they're gonna be classics. You've just got to open your mind a little more man.

Yeah, but there are only some good bands out now, and I would prefer to live my prime in the age of rock and these new alleged classics you're talking about in my latter years, than to live my prime out in the days of rap and no talent millionaires.
Quote by ShevanelFlip
even tho it sucks, i'm just cool around this time.

Sure you wouldn't like to go back to the time before there were laws against murder?
You could kill as many people as you wanted to.
Quote by fg-433s
Yeah, but there are only some good bands out now, and I would prefer to live my prime in the age of rock and these new alleged classics you're talking about in my latter years, than to live my prime out in the days of rap and no talent millionaires.

Rap ****ing rules bro. All the bands you like bow down to the glory of Kanye West, Nas, DOOM et al.
Uh, maybe like 5 years earlier so I coulda seen Fugazi & Sleater-Kinney before they broke up.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Rap ****ing rules bro. All the bands you like bow down to the glory of Kanye West, Nas, DOOM et al.

I do feel sorry that some cut out your ear drums.
Quote by fg-433s
If you could be born at any given time period/year for any reason would you? I would be born in 1953 so I would be 16 in 69 and be able to listen to Led Zeppelin's albums as they came and go to their concerts, oh and the same for my other bands. Plus I would have loved to grow up in the age of rock, and I have from what I have heard about the times, I would fit better then than now.

When would you preferred to have born.

Pole coming.

So you want to be a prime Vietnam draftee just so you can listen to a band you've already heard thousands of times before?
Wouldn't mind being born during the Renaissance.. Seemed like a groovy time

Quote by darkcheef
So you want to be a prime Vietnam draftee just so you can listen to a band you've already heard thousands of times before?

Never thought of that, but still.
Quote by fg-433s
I do feel sorry that some cut out your ear drums.

Are you implying I can't hear?

I used to be just like you, someone who thought classic rock (especially LZ) was the epitome of human achievement, but then I stopped being a pretentious douche and started listening to other music.
1890. I would have gotten to see the most relevant portions of the last five hundred years.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie

First thought I had when reading thread title.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by genghisgandhi

I used to be just like you, then I took an arrow to the knee

FTFY

<.<

Quote by darkcheef

I'm pretty sure the draft ended in like like '70/'71. And i'd love to be born in 48, so i'd be 18 for the first mass waves of hippies to san francisco in '66, 19 for the summer of love, 21 for woodstock. Perfect.
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Quote by genghisgandhi

I used to be just like you, someone who thought classic rock (especially LZ) was the epitome of human achievement, but then I stopped being a pretentious douche and started listening to other music.

So your saying you were brainwashed?????

Quote by TheChaz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5vw4ajnWGA
Sounds like someone cut out your eardrums.

You really like this? I guess if you were at a party and it was in the background and you didn't pay attention, it could be OK.
Quote by joestrat5000
I'm pretty sure the draft ended in like like '70/'71. And i'd love to be born in 48, so i'd be 18 for the first mass waves of hippies to san francisco in '66, 19 for the summer of love, 21 for woodstock. Perfect.

Quote by genghisgandhi

Same, I remember when I was 13. Led Zeppelin was the best band of all time with everything else being shit and anything made after the 80s was mainstream bullshit.

Those were the same
Quote by fg-433s

Yeah, the PR department for Nas and Das Racist finally got to me.

The sad part is I used to think like this
I would of liked to have grown up ten years ago. I technically did, but I mean I would of like to be teenager from around 2002-2006. Don't know why.
Quote by fg-433s

You really like this? I guess if you were at a party and it was in the background and you didn't pay attention, it could be OK.

Yes. Can you point out specifically what's wrong with it?
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
I'd be born black in the 1930's so I could be the one to start the civil rights movement. I ain't no Rosa Parkes but I'll do my best

Brosa Parks.

Someone has to do Devourke's job whilst he's banned

Quote by TheChaz

it dusnt hav geetars n singin lol.

He's got a closed mind, I assume.

Quote by genghisgandhi

I had that epiphany also, mid November, and now life is great. Modern music is great.
Quote by Vince Sixx

But he listens to Led Zeppelin, he's not going to listen to anything after 1980, because that's when John Bonham died
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Trowzaa
Brosa Parks.

Someone has to do Devourke's job whilst he's banned

What's the point of him being banned if we still have to see all this bro stuff?
Wish I could of been a teen in the 80's

not even just cos they were awesome, but my city has sunk so low in a pile of its own excrement that living in it in the 80s would of just been incredible. It still had a sick punk scene, and Henry Rollins did a spoken word piece about when Black Flag played at the 1in12 (which is being threatened to be closed down now, too)
Quote by fg-433s

Give it a rest. Just because someone likes music that is mainstream (gasp!) doesn't mean they are somehow less of person than you.

Also, I wouldn't like to be born in any other time. I couldn't play and listen to the music I enjoy, and more importantly I wouldn't be the same person I am today.

Now visiting... That would be a different story.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Quote by TheChaz

Sounds like crap, no musical quality, just noise.
Page 1 of 3