Hey UG,

I'm looking to get a decent looper soon so I can really work on my rhythm/leads and songwriting.

Jam man-
Does the 35 minutes of recording just for one guitar track that you lay down or for the whole entire looped section?

RC-3-
How much recording can you do with the 99 memory banks?

Which looper do you guys think is better/which one do you prefer and why? Does one have a certain strength over the other? Unfortunately I don't want to speed much more than the $180 price range, but if you know something else better, feel free to post!

Thanks in advance!
-Matt
"The most important thing about music is energy and emotion, not how well you can play. Technique should be a tool to achieve your vision, not the other way around."
-Jeff Tuttle

More guitar, less ultimate-guitar!
Last edited by biker521 at Dec 10, 2011,
Wow, nobody at all? =\
"The most important thing about music is energy and emotion, not how well you can play. Technique should be a tool to achieve your vision, not the other way around."
-Jeff Tuttle

More guitar, less ultimate-guitar!
if i remember correctly, the jam man allows u to use micro sd cards so u can store tons of stuff on it. a friend of mine has the older rc20 and loves it. boss is good quality wen it comes to that stuff. i don't know too much about the digitech. i think the biggest thing you should watch out for is ease of use. some loopers r the biggest pain in the ass to learn how to use
They are both essentially the same. I prefer the Digitech as it has a removable memory card, having said that the Boss plugs into your pc via USB so you can do a transfer. The boss can record 3 hours of stereo however on the Digitech you can go up to 16 hours through the memory card. The JamMan Solo is not stereo but it can take a footswitch but at the same time the Boss can also take a footswitch so as you can see they are really much and much the same. I have heard that some people feel the Digitech darkens there tone.