Poll: Do you like pop music?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like pop music?
Yes
27 33%
Hell no
16 20%
I like pop, rock and metal.
24 30%
Rock and Metal for the win!
14 17%
Voters: 81.
Page 1 of 3
Pretty much what the title says.

Pop or Rock and Metal?

EDIT: I forgot country music.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Last edited by stealstrings at Dec 11, 2011,
Are you 13 by any chance? Your issue with pop music is quite odd.

Bands & Artists, btw.
RIP Tom Searle.
Why did you need to make a thread about this?
Yes, I do. Matt Cardle's album is probably my favourite album at the moment. Will Young's newest is in a close 2nd.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by TheReverend724
pop, rock, and metal aren't the only genres dude

and hell yes

Yeah I know. I stuffed up the OP.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I like whatever song sounds good to me. Seriously - what planet do you live on where you love or hate a song based not on whether you like the music, but what genre it fits into?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Dec 11, 2011,
I like some of them. Not all of them are auto-tuned to hell then back with a string orchestra in the back so that the artiste can say, "I was heavily influenced by Paganini and Chopin."

I don't get the hate by metalheads who just outright dismiss the whole genre as nonsensical. Sure, there are some black sheeps, but that's like saying all metal bands make good music, when that's clearly not the case.

I like me my occasional dose of senseless music, yo.
Last edited by triface at Dec 11, 2011,
No, I like rock & metal mostly. However, I didn't pick that option, just "No" because I don't deny the legitimacy of other genres.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
80s pop is the pinnacle of human musical achievement.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
80s pop is the pinnacle of human musical achievement.

Truer words have never been spoken.
Pop is fun. I like fun.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by blake1221
I think this song is awesome, and if you disagree, that's alright.

Just know you're wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2S3RvIHwGs
I don't like male pop. If a lady was singin' I could probably dig.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I don't like male pop. If a lady was singin' I could probably dig.

I honestly wouldn't expect many people here to like that anyways, I just love the chorus.

You're right though, I much prefer female oriented pop songs.

I like Lights a lot.
I like a lot of pop rock, but I don't really like most of the pop that's on the radio today.

Also, it kind of seems like liking things that are usually unpopular with people who are into metal and rock (like pop music) is the new popular thing to do, and anyone who states that they hate pop and are into metal is called an elitist. Does anyone else notice this? Not necessarily in this thread, but this thread reminded me of it.
"Pop" is like the broadest genre ever, but I like a good amount of modern top 40-style pop music. It tends to work better with girl singers (like most music worth listening to -- take that, patriarchal music lovers ); if I'm in the right mood, I can be especially big on Lady Gaga and Paramore.

Oh, man, I really love those old girl groups like The Shangri-Las and The Ronettes.
Quote by Lost Dog
I like a lot of pop rock, but I don't really like most of the pop that's on the radio today.

Also, it kind of seems like liking things that are usually unpopular with people who are into metal and rock (like pop music) is the new popular thing to do, and anyone who states that they hate pop and are into metal is called an elitist. Does anyone else notice this? Not necessarily in this thread, but this thread reminded me of it.

I'm elite as fuck, like pop, and h8 metal.
I hate most of it, but some of it is okay. Also, a lot of electronic music isn't pop.
37N
Last edited by 37 Narwhals at Dec 11, 2011,
Quote by due 07
I'm elite as fuck,

No you aren't, your taste in music resembles a big steamy shi-

"Your musical compatibility with ZachGalland is Very High"

**** everything
Quote by Thrashtastic15

**** everything

And I'm very low.
Quote by blake1221
And I'm very low.

I listened to two albums and it went from very low to very high.

I blame the fact I've only had it for two days.
Quote by Thrashtastic15

**** everything

We're VERY COMPATIBLE now? Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh. Um, first and foremost I'd like to thank god, 'cuz without him we wouldn't be here. And next I wanna thank my parents, 'cuz they believed in me and supported me all the way. Lastly, I'd like to thank Mr. Sean-Claude Bonnette of Andrew Jackson Jihad, because, let's face it, without him, what's the point? Never give up!!! :3
Your musical compatibility with ZachGalland is Super

Music you have in common includes Jawbreaker, My Bloody Valentine, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Smiths and Fugazi.

Yr mah bro, bro.
Quote by due 07
We're VERY COMPATIBLE now? Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh. Um, first and foremost I'd like to thank god, 'cuz without him we wouldn't be here. And next I wanna thank my parents, 'cuz they believed in me and supported me all the way. Lastly, I'd like to thank Mr. Sean-Claude Bonnette of Andrew Jackson Jihad, because, let's face it, without him, what's the point? Never give up!!! :3

I'm going to listen to some jazz as I go to sleep so we'll go back to not being very compatible when I demonstrate to this damn thing that I have taste.
Page 1 of 3