Pretty good song man! I liked the vocals quite a lot. And the guitar tone was pretty good in my opinion. Overall, a pretty good song. I especially liked the breakdown at 2:18, and the lead at 3:55 Only a small, personal criticism; I didn't really like the sound of the bass drum, but thats subjective and doesn't really matter. Very good job on the whole!
Hey, the song's really good! There's nice variation of melodies throughout, which keep it from being repetitive.
May I ask how was this recorded? My band's own recordings are kinda weak, since we usually use a digicams or even mobile phones.
The recording quality is pretty friggin good man!

As for the song, I feel it needs clean vocals. Also, the vocal part around 3:20 where he kept going between screaming and some kind of singing yelp sounded sooo terrible... Bands should never do that, it sounds like they have no control over their voice when they do. That and some of the riffs were a bit generic, but you can probably spot those out easily enough.

Overall though, good job
My guitarist Co-Owns a studio and we tracked the guitars with AxeFX :P

& Blood, do you mean the beginning of the breakdown or the part that goes "That theres nothing left for you" because I do those off and on screams a lot, I started doing it after and excessive amount of listening to this band named Heritage and I think it sounds pretty good, obviously I need to work on it but after developing it a little more, being able to control it, and making it my own I think I can make it sound fairly nice. I think that's just all based on opinion though :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEqN956GtZ4

Thanks for the comments though I really do appreciate it
I just hate the technique. The notes that people end up "saying" instead of "screaming" are always off key and sound sooo terrible with the rest of the song. Of course, if you like the sound of it, yeah it's your thing and keep doing it, I'm just throwing my opinion of how you can make the song better. Personally, whenever i hear that kind of "hardcore vox" where they go in and out of screaming on every word, i instantly say "**** this" and go to a band that doesn't do it.
This is really well done. I like how tight and clean everything is. Honestly don't think personally any of the on/off screaming is that bad. It kind of reminds me of Blindside's singer in a way. I do think (just to throw something out there for critique), however that the guitar tone could've been a little bit brighter but just slightly, and maybe a tad bit brghter up on the high-end thump of the kick as well, and I might be alone in that or not. Otherwise, wonderful work!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1503659
Quote by BloodReverence
I just hate the technique. The notes that people end up "saying" instead of "screaming" are always off key and sound sooo terrible with the rest of the song. Of course, if you like the sound of it, yeah it's your thing and keep doing it, I'm just throwing my opinion of how you can make the song better. Personally, whenever i hear that kind of "hardcore vox" where they go in and out of screaming on every word, i instantly say "**** this" and go to a band that doesn't do it.

If you don't like it because the notes aren't perfect with the song then that's reasonable. I haven't been screaming very long, so it's something that I'm still learning to control myself. If it's your preference it's your preference, but from now on I will consider hitting the right notes when I come out of a scream and I'll thank you that much for that
Wow, this hits hard! Sounds great overall however I think the kit could be a bit drier in the way of the room sound, it'd tighten it up a fair bit. Also I think it'd sounded tops with some panned backing vocals or double tracked sections to widen up the vox a tad. 1:47 is insane! A bit more dynamic to the mix would help but it is really nice nonetheless!
Really good man. In my opinion I think the guitars sounded really low (EQ-wise), but hell they still sounded good. Gotta say that ending part with the high guitar work was awesome and my favorite part. My favorite aspect was definitely the vocals. They sounded frikkin sweet. Overall, great brutal song man, nothing really incredible musicality-wise stood out to me besides the ending, but still good job!

c4c if you want
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1504765
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Any chick that can dance with a walrus to Michael Jackson songs is hot in my book.
Thanks man! I appreciate it!
I'll get to your link when i get on a legitimate computer
What Do You Stand For
Overall pretty good man. I'm not too crazy about the sound of the bass drum, but it's not terrible. Honestly I think it could use some more guitar tracking. The guitars are panned pretty hard and the center just feels empty to me. But I do like the song. And I like the vocal technique the other guy was talking about at 3:20. It's opinion, but I thought it was pretty cool. The leads are pretty cool too. Good stuff, I'll definitely keep checking back on your guys stuff cause this is right up my alley.
Solid song but i think the guitars sound kinda garbage, sounds like those amp sims. Try recording with a mic and real amp and it will sound a lot more natural. Also the guitar dont sound heavy enough for this genre, try quad-track it and pan two guitars 100% and two guitars 75%.
Last edited by tottsk1 at Dec 21, 2011,