I have a guy trying to trade my Sovtek Mig 100h for his jcm 900. Is it a good deal? ive only played one jcm 900 and just going off tone alone, it was everything i wish my mig100 was, but without a second channel. if the 900 had a second channel id be sold. it can however take a footpedal...which my 100h can not....

your thoughts?
I'm guessing you tried the 900 SLX before then, if it was only one channel. The two channel 900s are pretty poor and I'd rather have the Sovtek over it
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Keep your Sovtek. They are baised on the 900 but a little better tone IMO.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
but i cant use a footswitch with it...and ive played a 900 that was single channel and sounded HEAAAVY.
Quote by letsgetcokes
keep in mind that i also own a mig 50...so...i would still have a sovtek.

If you have a MIG 50 then you might as well do it. If you like the 900 better than your MIG 100, then go for it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
they are not the same amp as the single channel SL-X. the dual reverb is a terrible sounding amp by any standards. i hired one for a gig once and it sounded absolutely terrible.
If it's a single-channel amp then it's not a Dual Reverb, it's an SL-X.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Run away!!!
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If you have two Migs now then you shouldn't have any trouble in selling one or trading with someone else.

That said, if you really liked his 900 then don't worry about what everyone else says and just let your ears guide you.

If you need help determining what another good amp would be for you - we can help there too but we need Budget, Genres, Gig?, Closest City, etc.
Quote by letsgetcokes
but i cant use a footswitch with it...and ive played a 900 that was single channel and sounded HEAAAVY.

The single channel 900 is the SLX and is FAR SUPERIOR to the dual channel versions (Dual Reverb).

I guess if you really like it, go for it, since you already have 2 Sovteks, but I think you could do better on a trade than that. Look for a Laney GH50L if you want footswitching, wayyyyyyyyyy better than the Dual Reverb, and they go for about the same price.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by letsgetcokes
there isnt much on the seattle craig these days...

what about the

Orange Dual Terror
Bugera 333XL
Rivera 55
Blackheart HD15
Egnater Rebel 30
Crate Blue Voodoo
Marshall JCM 800 2204
Mesa Mark IIb
Dr Z Mazerati
Peavey Classic 50
Dr Z Carmen Ghia
Mesa Studio Cal.22

I see on there?
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Dec 12, 2011,
i doubt most of those people will trade their amps for a sovtek mig. especially the dudes with the Dr Z's. maybe see if you can get that JCM800.

to give you something to go by, on my profile the song mind your head is recorded on a JCM900 SL-X and the song take it away is recorded on a JCM800 (2203 i think).