I havent written anything personal in quite awhile, I remember once someone posted a similar thread and I wrote something pretty good. However, in my life right now theres nothing... goin on or happenin, nothin to write about. So, hey Im a pretty decent writer and once in awhile I write some diamonds in the rough. If anyone has an idea for a song and maybe want to give me an idea or two, ill try to write em and post em here.
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"
you could write a song about honest mistakes ;-)
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Go out for a walk, get a new record, read a book, watch a film...really, you'll find inspiration anywhere.

Or you mentioned having nothing going on with your life, write about that. You don't need to have 'something' to write about per se, but just anything. Trip to the grocery store or just whatever happens, write about it.
yea man, I try these things. They still dont work. But no the idea is to write something not personal to me. Its a writing exercise a friend taught me.

Quote by Iblis92
So, hey Im a pretty decent writer and once in awhile I write some diamonds in the rough. If anyone has an idea for a song and maybe want to give me an idea or two, ill try to write em and post em here.

So you want to be fed a prompt?

MOCOSO LIKE ME
Basically. yes

Her Vagina's the Kraken. Goddam heartbreakers. There. Lyric contests would be good but it's not really bursting with activity down there Gvuud luck

MOCOSO LIKE ME
Quote by Iblis92
But no the idea is to write something not personal to me.

I usually create my best material when the subject connects with my on some personal level.

However, one thing that I do when I hit a dry spell is to start playing a random song that I like and start writing my own lyrics to the melody. Then, I'll come up with a chord progression, record that, and then start playing a lead guitar line over it.

I then use the lead line I play as the vocal melody and start putting in the lyrics I previously wrote, changing them as necessary. At the end of it all, I end up with a song that sounds absolutely nothing like the song that I listened to for inspiration. Plus, I usually have a lot of fun in the process.

Try it out.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King