Does anyone else think V Guitars are amazing? I actually hated V's for quite some time but recently I got into Megadeth and I had a revelation: V's are damn sexy!

If I had money to blow I would definitely grab myself a Jackson King V w/ floyd rose in silver finish... major GASsing, men!
West Ham United
For me it depends on the V, I don't like flying V's (edges are too rounded) and I don't like the Randy Rhoads V's (too uneven), but I love the Dave Mustaine, Alexi Laiho and Corey Beaulieu (both Dean and Jackson) V's. Got Corey's signature Dean myself, damn fun to play, even if it is chunkier than the ESP guitars I normally play.
Quote by The jazz Man
I have a dean dave mustaine VMNT best guitar iv ever played. Sexy as hell too

What's the neck like on the Dave Mustaine models? Is it that usual chunky, v sorta feeling neck that Dean do? Or is it more slim?
I think they look really good on stage, but they have their problems. Firstly they sort of limit you in only one genre of music, which is metal or hard rock, because it's a bit too typical. It just wouldn't fit in blues or jazz for example VISUAL WISE. The other problem I had with my Jackson King V before I sold it was that it's pretty impractical, like many other guitars with "exotic" shapes. Good luck finding a truly comfortable position to play while sitting down (not impossible, but sorta tricky, or just get one of those stands especially for that purpose ) Aaaaanyway, sorta ranty on my part, sorry about that, I don't hate V's, I just have a few problems with them and will always prefer a super strat guitar shape or something more classical
Yeah I still find sitting with a V rather awkward but I'll probably get the knack down soon. My only opportunity to play a V is when I occasionally drop into a guitar store, and even then there's very limited brands. You'd be very hard pressed to find a Dean around here, and I hear their guitars are amazing so that's really unfortunate.
West Ham United
Quote by risk182
Firstly they sort of limit you in only one genre of music, which is metal or hard rock, because it's a bit too typical. It just wouldn't fit in blues or jazz for example VISUAL WISE.

you sir have obviously never heard of albert king ^^
Quote by KorYi
you sir have obviously never heard of albert king ^^

True, I haven't, thanks for pointing him out, will check him out, but still I stand by my opinion that it just doesn't fit.
Are the Gibsons neck heavy? I admire their looks and tone but can you play them standing up, supported only by a slippery nylon strap without the neck diving?
Well I have a Dean Razorback 255 and it's not the best V shape guitar around. The neck is a V profile and it's not the most comfortable profile. Read my reviews on my guitars I have on my profile...ESP Edwards AL-166, BC Rich JR V Icon, Ibanez xiphos
Too Many Religious People And Not Enough Lions
Wouldn't mind getting my hands on a nice Epiphone Korina V!

This is what I'm talking about!

Epi Flying V on Ebay UK
Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp
Last edited by RiffRaff61 at Dec 11, 2011,
I don't own a flying V but my mate has one which I quite like. Lots of sustain and an amazing tone from the humbuckers. He's set it up really nicely too so nice action.

It's really awkward to sit down with though, so much that I find it difficult to record with as I prefer to record sitting down where I can play at my full potential. I have to balance it on my knee where the V is, makes picking a stretch.
I own an RR3 and a Kevin Bond Rhodes and I love it
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
You can reach the higher frets extremly easily, which is a plus.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
And how do you hate classical position?
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Quote by Mahabajaba
What's the neck like on the Dave Mustaine models? Is it that usual chunky, v sorta feeling neck that Dean do? Or is it more slim?

The neck is like a broom stick. really thin and playable. the live wire pickups are awesome too. very sleek sounding and in my opinion, way better than EMG's which i have in my Jackson RR1T
Quote by Dr Sixstring
And how do you hate classical position?

I don't know about him, but I've always thought that classical position is a bit awkward.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I wasn't a big V person, until I got my Gibson for the steep sum of five bucks . I actually bought it to flip and it slowly grew on me to the point that it became my workhorse. Now I want another with the moon inlays so I can refinish it in white..

I usually look for any excuse to post my V, but I'll pass on this one
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
I wasn't a big V person, until I got my Gibson for the steep sum of five bucks . I actually bought it to flip and it slowly grew on me to the point that it became my workhorse. Now I want another with the moon inlays so I can refinish it in white..

I usually look for any excuse to post my V, but I'll pass on this one

FIVE DORRAH?!?!?!
West Ham United
I don't like Vs. I'm picky though, Strat/Superstrat is the only kind of shape I care for.
Quote by farmosh203
I don't like the shape of normal guitars, I'm a V guy.

You have too many! Please give shipping rates for one to the UK!
Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp
Quote by risk182
True, I haven't, thanks for pointing him out, will check him out, but still I stand by my opinion that it just doesn't fit.

Listen to Albert King and you will be wanting a nice flying V just as much as I do. Guaranteed. I used to think they were cheese guitars for show, but man, after watching him play with SRV. I want a V. I want a white V. I want to do string bends to the moon on one.

I really really really like those flying Vs now. When I think blues, I see a V pop up in my mind.
Last edited by Pippers at Dec 12, 2011,
I love my Gibby robot V to death! Nice balanced weight, very thick sounding especially with the 500T and upper neck access is incredible!

Although... I can never play it sitting down. Feels best while standing!
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
^ I used to love the 500T in the bridge on my Flying V but I'm having a hard time taming the bite and shrillness through my Jet City. I'm ordering a few JJ's soon to stick in it and if that doesn't tame it I'll be swapping it out :/.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
^ I used to love the 500T in the bridge on my Flying V but I'm having a hard time taming the bite and shrillness through my Jet City. I'm ordering a few JJ's soon to stick in it and if that doesn't tame it I'll be swapping it out :/.

Yeah it's a very high-output pickup. It sounds like absolute shrill crap ( as you described ) through my Vox but sounded BEAST through a Genz Benz :-)
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite