I'm currently canvassing for my new guitar and i want an ibanez coz i really heard a lot of positive opinion on them, the japanese ibanez. I mostly play metal such as metallica, bfmv, breaking benjamin and etc. Could someone please suggest me the most affordable yet high quality ibanez guitar, a non tremolo coz i tune a lot and great look for metal and tone for metal with passive pickups only. Thamks! gpg
what is your budget?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Almon2011
I'm currently canvassing for my new guitar and i want an ibanez coz i really heard a lot of positive opinion on them, the japanese ibanez. I mostly play metal such as metallica, bfmv, breaking benjamin and etc. Could someone please suggest me the most affordable yet high quality ibanez guitar, a non tremolo coz i tune a lot and great look for metal and tone for metal with passive pickups only. Thamks! gpg

Why passives...you do realise that those 3 bands use actives almost all the time? I may be wrong on BB, but I know that B4MV does..and Metallica..
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Did this topic really warrant four separate threads?

Also, considering the amount of time you've spent mindlessly bashing the company, this doesn't strike me as a serious thread.
Sorry for the inconvinience im using my phone for this thread that's why i messed up, it is really n0t my fault my network provider but anyway my apology. I like passive pickups coz battery is n0t necessary because it will take time the battery c0mpartment will get rust and im n0t very well oriented on electr0nics that is why im avoiding using active.
Quote by Almon2011
Sorry for the inconvinience im using my phone for this thread that's why i messed up, it is really n0t my fault my network provider but anyway my apology. I like passive pickups coz battery is n0t necessary because it will take time the battery c0mpartment will get rust and im n0t very well oriented on electr0nics that is why im avoiding using active.

But passives are f0r pussies. Yu0 sh0uld use actives! They are teh br00talz! Metal rulez! Only with actives, th0! Anyway, yu0 sh0uldn't get an ibanez c0z they have crappy craftmanship!

Seriously though, it's really hard to read your "sentences".
RIP Adam
Ibanez has a couple models that work well. In the 6 string line the SZ models are pretty decent. They are Mahogany body and necks, hard tail with a 25.1 scale. The new ARZ models are pretty decent too. Same deal Mahogany bodies and necks and 25 scale. The ARZ 400 has the EMG HZ pickups which are ok not that great but are ok. They have a 7 string 307 model I have not played it but have played the others and an 800 model that is quilt top with emg 81 and 60 combo. I own two Ibanez guitars a RG and an SZ model and the craftsmanship on them is just fine. On par with the Jackson's without the extra cost for the Jackson name. Granted the pickups are not that great but that is a pretty easy fix.
Jackson DK2M w/ EMG 81/60
Ibanez ARZ 800 w/EMG 81/60
B52 AT-100
Marshall 4x12 cab
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss DD7 Delay
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Polytune
Look into the Ibanez Prestige RGA121 Killer playing guitar! I've seen em go for $400 on ebay used almost $600-700 New
Gear:

Guitars
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez MBM2 EMGs
Fender MIM Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez AS93 BLS

Amp
Carvin V3m
Blackheart 4x12 cab

Pedals
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Wah
JamMan looper delay

Quote by tappooh
Rg1451

**** that noise.

Do it properly TS.

RGA121.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Ok then i wouldn't be choosy if it is active or passive. What do you prefer rga121 or rga42?
Used RGA121.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Quote by SexyLikeAPig
But passives are f0r pussies. Yu0 sh0uld use actives! They are teh br00talz! Metal rulez! Only with actives, th0! Anyway, yu0 sh0uldn't get an ibanez c0z they have crappy craftmanship!

Seriously though, it's really hard to read your "sentences".

Butz Ibanez haz colarfullz guitarz!!!
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Quote by Dr Sixstring
Butz Ibanez haz colarfullz guitarz!!!

Nize onez dudez! Yuoz gotz himz! Lol ;p
Since I don't see a price range anywhere, I'm gonna go ahead and say RGA42. I bought it as my first guitar (still my only electric), it's really easy to tune, restring and adjust and it's got a nice metal sound from the active pickups. I sadly haven't played another other electrics for comparsion, but if the RGA42 is of any interest to you, you should try it out.

Good luck, and always remember, God listens...to slayer!