I've been listening to a ton of Burning Brides recently and I couldn't find a thread for them.

Any fans out there?
This ain't bad. Nice sludge/doom vibe going on. Not the most creative riffs, but that doesn't matter much for the kind of music they play. Soundgarden and The Sword fans should at least give this band a shot.

By the way, how come you haven't signed up for the mixtape thing? I think you could do a cool one, or at least the manliest mix so far.
Quote by frankv
This ain't bad. Nice sludge/doom vibe going on. Not the most creative riffs, but that doesn't matter much for the kind of music they play. Soundgarden and The Sword fans should at least give this band a shot.

By the way, how come you haven't signed up for the mixtape thing? I think you could do a cool one, or at least the manliest mix so far.

???

Burning Brides don't sound anything like Sludge or Doom.

They sound like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2viuyhG0ds
Well, that's pretty different from the few tracks I heard. I'd have described this as an AC/DC song. Also, I didn't mean actual proper sludge or doom, but a sound on the doom/sludge side of modern rock.

I heard this song for example and it reminded me of The Sword. The grooves and riffs especially. It still seems a bit stupid of me now looking..
Hmm...I've actually never heard that song by them before. I don't like it as much.

It certainly has an AC/DC feel, but IMO much better. AC/DC is so goddamn repetitive.

Isn't that cool? That you could listen to a band and could get a completely different feel for the band than someone else just because of one song?
Last edited by iwannabesedated at Dec 16, 2011,
Quote by frankv
And if they're both fairly positive vibes I'd say the band is doing something right. AC/DC sounding bands are kind of a turn-off for me, so I'll pass if they do that often.

The only thing AC/DC about this band is the guitar tone.