My band has just released it's first song . See what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtZV6Z1RTK0

http://www.facebook.com/atopiaofficial
It doesn't necessarily scream melodic at me as much as it could, even though it fits in that category, but, given your influences, I can kinda see what you're aiming for. The recording quality is pretty good, I'll definitely give you that. My biggest dislike would probably be the lyrics. The vocalist isn't too bad necessarily (improvement could be made, but he's not bad), the lyrics are just very simplistic with no real flavor.

BTW, I like your logo.
Quote by terryn0
It doesn't necessarily scream melodic at me as much as it could, even though it fits in that category, but, given your influences, I can kinda see what you're aiming for. The recording quality is pretty good, I'll definitely give you that. My biggest dislike would probably be the lyrics. The vocalist isn't too bad necessarily (improvement could be made, but he's not bad), the lyrics are just very simplistic with no real flavor.

BTW, I like your logo.

Yeah, we use a lot of groove metal in our sound and a bit of thrash (more so in other songs) , we think it makes it more interested by combining a few of our favourite genres.

Yeah, with the vocalist he's pretty new to the band and this is the first song he wrote with us. He's improving all the time .

And thanks .
I'd call this Death/Thrash Metal. You do have some cool harmonies in different sections, but those are heavily thrash oriented. The rest is heavy ass death metal.

But I like it! If you were a band that I had never heard of before, and you were playing a show I was at... I'd stick around for your whole set if this was the first thing I heard.

Vocals do need work, but that happens easily enough. I'm not happy with my vocals on our recordings because they're old and I had a bad cold at the time. So, I can look past that on these recordings. They sound decent nonetheless.

If you have time, check out the links in my sig, and do what you will with them.
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I'd call this Death/Thrash Metal. You do have some cool harmonies in different sections, but those are heavily thrash oriented. The rest is heavy ass death metal.

But I like it! If you were a band that I had never heard of before, and you were playing a show I was at... I'd stick around for your whole set if this was the first thing I heard.

Vocals do need work, but that happens easily enough. I'm not happy with my vocals on our recordings because they're old and I had a bad cold at the time. So, I can look past that on these recordings. They sound decent nonetheless.

If you have time, check out the links in my sig, and do what you will with them.

Cool, thanks for the compliments . I showed this to our vocalist and he says he's upping the game with the stuff we're gonna be recording next but it's all a learning curve.

Also here is our new song, it's a bit heavier than our other one aha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtecqqw592w&context=C342c4eaADOEgsToPDskIFM-EiZlnmerv2Mj8tJSjW
Upon Destruction is not too melodic but it is damn heavy. Also you guys have nice production i love the guitar tone on the recordings its very crisp. I liked Among the wolves alot better though. I think its catchier and has better song structure. I gave you guys a like on facebook!

If you don't mind check out my band! Odyssey Dawn
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1513246
Quote by TheMysterious
Upon Destruction is not too melodic but it is damn heavy. Also you guys have nice production i love the guitar tone on the recordings its very crisp. I liked Among the wolves alot better though. I think its catchier and has better song structure. I gave you guys a like on facebook!

If you don't mind check out my band! Odyssey Dawn
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1513246

Thanks .

New song next Wednesday!
Here is our newest song and the last we will be releasing for our EP. Give it a listen and enjoy .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80lCAFrYZYA&feature=plcp&context=C38730bbUDOEgsToPDskKJd-45wyQrXUhRKDRmOD0F
New song sounds pretty decent. You guys leave a lot of sonic space unfilled. Perhaps try syncopating something. This will make your music sound much bigger and you seem to be set up for that already.

Also, your vocalist has bland, bland phrasing. I can forgive the inability to annunciate. His highs are extremely weak and he ends up just sounding extremely boring. Finally, his lyrics are more cliche than even regular death metal. Your band would improve greatly with more skill in this instrument.

With that sad, everyone gets better with practice and I'm not saying his situation is hopeless. I wish you the best!

Check us out and let us know what you think?
www.fadetooblivion.com
Quote by Dewill666
Change vocalist

Unhelpful but thanks for the bump!

Quote by merriman44
New song sounds pretty decent. You guys leave a lot of sonic space unfilled. Perhaps try syncopating something. This will make your music sound much bigger and you seem to be set up for that already.

Also, your vocalist has bland, bland phrasing. I can forgive the inability to annunciate. His highs are extremely weak and he ends up just sounding extremely boring. Finally, his lyrics are more cliche than even regular death metal. Your band would improve greatly with more skill in this instrument.

With that sad, everyone gets better with practice and I'm not saying his situation is hopeless. I wish you the best!

Check us out and let us know what you think?
www.fadetooblivion.com

Syncopation? Thats not something that we've experiemented before but I'll keep it in mind! Thanks .

Yeah, Sam (our vocalist) is fairly new to the band (and vocals in general.) Still though, as you say practise makes perfect! Maybe it's just taste but I like his lyrics personally, and I think his vocals sound good too. I think we're just trying to find our sound at the moment with the combination of all our influences.

And I will do . Do you have a thread on here I can reply to?
Feel free to PM me or you can leave a comment on our facebook page. Be as brutal as you wish. The stuff online is a year old.

As for the vocalist: that is the great thing about music. Something I dislike you may love and vice versa. There is a market for nearly everything. It's great that Sam has found a band that is as understanding as yours. He may mature into a fantastic vocalist.

Again, the best of luck my metal brethren.
Quote by merriman44
Feel free to PM me or you can leave a comment on our facebook page. Be as brutal as you wish. The stuff online is a year old.

As for the vocalist: that is the great thing about music. Something I dislike you may love and vice versa. There is a market for nearly everything. It's great that Sam has found a band that is as understanding as yours. He may mature into a fantastic vocalist.

Again, the best of luck my metal brethren.

Ok, i'll get on that now. Cheers .
Quote by merriman44
Thanks for your thoughts on our page brother. Free bump.

I'm the vocalist and bassist by the way. Taking the time to actually listen means alot. I'll be following your bands progress now if for no other reason than that you seem to be a stand up fellow.

\m/

No worries .

And vocalist and bassist? Wow, a rare breed indeed! . It's a shame you guys don't live over here in the UK, we could put on a melodic death metal night at a venue round here with some other bands .

And cheers, i'll give this album a listen when you guys release it, looking forward to it .