I read a lota reviews on them, they say the me 70's easy to use and the HD 300 sounds better. I play metal! So im looking for an awesome metal tone! An awesome solo sound too! Sustain!! I just want to know which one sounds better for metal and which ones easier to use! Features wise which ones better??
Look on youtube clips, go to a store and Experience them for yourself with your own guitar. Your own experience is worth so much more than another persons words.
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
The store over here doesnt have any good pedals or amps! I have a yamaha eg 112c guitar and a peavey vypyr 15. I saw the me-70 officiak video on youtube! Its awesome! But will it sound as good as that with my amp? Its a modelling amp. So will that matter a lot?
Quote by kjohn333
The store over here doesnt have any good pedals or amps! I have a yamaha eg 112c guitar and a peavey vypyr 15. I saw the me-70 officiak video on youtube! Its awesome! But will it sound as good as that with my amp? Its a modelling amp. So will that matter a lot?

Don't buy a mfx unless your getting another amp.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The HD300 is better since it has a nice amp simulation. I dont think its a good idea to use a mfx with an amp that does mfx such as the peavey... However, I think youll get more out the hd300 at this point, vs a new amp if you want to practice with a variety of tones.
I have a stereo! so I can connect the pod hd 300 to it ryte? So wont it sound good?
Quote by kjohn333
I have a stereo! so I can connect the pod hd 300 to it ryte? So wont it sound good?

ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
What wrong if he connects it to the Stereo Amp? Multieffects are supposed to work well with PA's etc.
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
MFX+STEREO HIFI SPEAKERS=MUD HEAVEN
and pa's aren't stereo systems
get a good pair of studio headphones get an audio technecia m50 for 100$ along with it or get a hd202 mind you they are quite bassy i use one for watching pron silently
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Quote by deepsal
get a good pair of studio headphones get an audio technecia m50 for 100$ along with it or get a hd202 mind you they are quite bassy i use one for watching pron silently

Quote by deepsal

He has a point. A normal stereo has a massive bass spike which isnt ideal for MFX units.
I see no comparison between the two. the line 6 is so far above the boss it's not even a contest. I've owned both and couldn't even put them in the same category. I also have used mfx with many different amps, good and bad. You can get a good tone with the hd with many different amps, it just takes a bit more tweaking with certain setups.
How is the sound quality on the hd 300? The metal and clean quality ?Is it way better compared to Peavey Vypyr 15( cuz i own one)
Quote by amithkallupalam
What wrong if he connects it to the Stereo Amp? Multieffects are supposed to work well with PA's etc.

Would be ideal if he ran it through a flat response speaker (like those powered Mackie HD's). As stated, Hifi systems aren't really suitable for cab emulation and the like.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3