I was wondering if you guys think itd worth it to change the pickups in a $350 Jackson kelly to improve hardware? Just some opinions would be nice. Thanks.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
if you like the feal and the way it plays, why not?

www.Guitarfetish.com has lots of good cheap hardware/pickups to choose from. I use them on most of my cheap guitars and they are good.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It might not make as much difference through your current amp as you might hope
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Quote by Paddy McK
It might not make as much difference through your current amp as you might hope

That's what I was thinking. But if I get new pickups over a new guitar i would save some money. So I was thinking I could do new pickups and a new amp possibly. It wouldnt be for a month or so, so Im just gathering ideas right now.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by Robbgnarly
if you like the feal and the way it plays, why not?

www.Guitarfetish.com has lots of good cheap hardware/pickups to choose from. I use them on most of my cheap guitars and they are good.

any idea of what to look for? i play mostly metal, some blues and hard rock.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I play Punk/Hardcore/Metal/Progressive-metal-rock

And I use the Fat Pat in one of my guitars the Lil'Punchers (hot lead tele set) and the VEH. The Fat Pat is a nice all round pickup that has plenty of output for metal but still stays pretty damn articulate. I actually replaced a Dimarzio Super Distortion with it, it sounded that good.
The VEH is a hotter pickup and sounds good with metal, and cleans up diecent, but not great.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I play Punk/Hardcore/Metal/Progressive-metal-rock

And I use the Fat Pat in one of my guitars the Lil'Punchers (hot lead tele set) and the VEH. The Fat Pat is a nice all round pickup that has plenty of output for metal but still stays pretty damn articulate. I actually replaced a Dimarzio Super Distortion with it, it sounded that good.
The VEH is a hotter pickup and sounds good with metal, and cleans up diecent, but not great.

thanks man.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
i could go up to $200 since I will be doing this with my tax refund. any other suggestions for mainly metal guitar playing? for both lead and rhythm. I dont mind getting cheaper pickups but I want to make sure its a sizable difference from the jackson cvr2s if im going to replace them.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
get some of their locking tuners, they are like $26/$36 a set depending on which style you want.

I can garantee that the fat pat and VEH are much better than the stock pickups.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
get some of their locking tuners, they are like $26/$36 a set depending on which style you want.

I can garantee that the fat pat and VEH are much better than the stock pickups.

thanks man!
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Just throwing this out there but for metal i really like my EMG-81's, I also really dig the SD Blackouts. Both sets and get kinda pricey tho.

I am currently running a strange come of EMG81 @ the bridge and a Dragonfire 85 at the neck. The Dragonfire 81's are pretty hot but they really dont cleanup too well.
I would not suggest active pickups such as the EMG 81/85 combo for a vypyr. It pushes the front end a little to hard and makes nasty clipping.

For a cheap decent pickup, I reccomend the dragonfire screamers. 25 bucks plus shipping, and they sound great. I almost like them better than my Blackouts I have.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
I would not suggest active pickups such as the EMG 81/85 combo for a vypyr. It pushes the front end a little to hard and makes nasty clipping.

For a cheap decent pickup, I reccomend the dragonfire screamers. 25 bucks plus shipping, and they sound great. I almost like them better than my Blackouts I have.

thanks man, sounds cool, So I should stay away from active?
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A