EDIT* sorry auto complete put a previous title, and i can't edit it. Lets just pretend that NGD stands for new gear day, k? k.

It has been suggested that I post in here for some suggestions as to what kind of amp I should get. I already have an idea of what I think I want, but feedback can never hurt.

Survey Answers:

Budget:
600$ is about all I expect to spend on an amp. I don't really have a strict budget, per say, but what I have in mind as my "ideal setup" is only 400$, so anything over and beyond that better come with a built in cappuccino machine or something.

Genres:
I play mostly 80s/90s rock, because i've only been playing for around 2 years and like everyone, I started playing music I was familiar with. However I don't want my amp to limit me to being stuck in the rock genre. I'd love to learn styles like Jazz and Country sooner than later.

New or Used:
I'm probably going with new. The used market in my locale is a little ridiculous. People think their used gear is worth retail price still. I have no problems buying 2nd hand guitars, but when it comes to electronics that I can't fix myself, I want a warranty.

Home or Gig?
Home

Closest City:
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Current Gear:
Epiphone les paul custom with active seymour duncans
peavey studio chorus 210
marshall MG15cd
line 6 "uber metal" distortion pedal

As you see I already have 2 amps, but i'm not happy with either of them. I want something that sounds nice without shaking the walls. After watching several youtube demos, I have my heart set on this setup

Vox AC4TVH - 4 watt tube head
http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/8412/Guitars/Guitar_Amps/Vox/AC4TVH_-_4_Watt_Class_A_Tube_Head.htm

Vox 112TV - 1x12 cab
http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/8413/Guitars/Guitar_Amps/Vox/V112TV_-_1x12_Extentison_Cab.htm

Video review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=J8GRHtoAQeE#t=20s

However if you have a better suggestion, i'm all ears.
thanks for the feedback
cheers
Last edited by mike_oxbig at Dec 11, 2011,
That will work, but you'll need some pedals to get everything you want. Maybe a TS-9,reverb,delay.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Do you have any suggestions as to which brand of pedal i should get? I'm not unhappy with my line 6, but I only bought it to get a tube-like distortion out of my solid state amps, i've never played with different effect pedals.
use your current pedal to find out which fx's you like and will use. Then you can start getting single pedals without throwing $$ at things you don't need.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Not sure what you mean...my current pedal is a distortion pedal. It offers 3 types of distortion, but wouldn't give me any clues as to what to look for in chorus delay reverb etc

is it worthwhile to just get a multi effects processor instead of several pedals?
Quote by mike_oxbig
Not sure what you mean...my current pedal is a distortion pedal. It offers 3 types of distortion, but wouldn't give me any clues as to what to look for in chorus delay reverb etc

is it worthwhile to just get a multi effects processor instead of several pedals?

Sorry I thought you ment a floor pod
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yes a diecent MFX pedal would be good if you are unsure of what you want. You get lots of varieties of FX to play wit and see if you will/would actualy use them.

The Line 6 M5 is good quality and not extreamly expensive.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate