Hi everyone.

I'm new here and have been playing guitar for about 7 years. I used to take lessons but stopped after high school and joined a punk band so my playing skills aren't as as good as they should be to say the least.

Anyway, these days i'm more into folk style stuff (British and American style) and i'm finding that i'm struggling as far as my theory and playing technique go's (thanks punk rock). I was wondering if anyone here could recommend any learning material (books, dvd's etc) that would help me fill the gaps in my theory and improve my technique. Something that had clear progression and steps to follow would suit me best.

Anyway thanks for reading and i'll look forward to any replies.

Joe
Start learning songs, if you come across a lick that has techniques that are challenging for you, then just look it up on youtube and practice it, if your technique is right. And in time you will develop the technique.

That's what I do, and it works great by far.
Quote by Zeletros
Start learning songs, if you come across a lick that has techniques that are challenging for you, then just look it up on youtube and practice it, if your technique is right. And in time you will develop the technique.

That's what I do, and it works great by far.

He asked for theory.. and that approach works but it sucks compared to a structured routine.

Anyways for theory start here
Has enough to keep you occupied for enough time untill you get the basics.. from now you will be able to pretty much make sense of all the stuff floating around on the internet.. as for books.. im sure someone else will have a good suggestion.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/search.php?value=crusade&search_type=columns
Last edited by Slashiepie at Dec 11, 2011,
Quote by Slashiepie
He asked for theory.. and that approach works but it sucks compared to a structured routine.

Anyways for theory start here
Has enough to keep you occupied for enough time untill you get the basics.. from now you will be able to pretty much make sense of all the stuff floating around on the internet.. as for books.. im sure someone else will have a good suggestion.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/search.php?value=crusade&search_type=columns

Depends on the song list.

If you're just learning random songs you like, yes.

But if choose songs that have specific techniques you want to work on, no.