My job involves traveling by flight. How do I carry my electric guitar, specially amp? Or should I buy something to connect the electric guitar to my laptop?

What is the best way a traveling consultant can keep his electric guitar hobby?
maybe something like a battery powered amp Roland Micro cube, Line 6 micro spider, Orange mini pix.

Computer interfaces are getting pretty popular with space saving issues.

Maybe a Line 6 POD/MFX unit with headphones?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
or u can buy any vox amplug series i have 1 and the batteries last for about 50 hours and u plug it straight into ur guitar and listen through headphones. you can get good rock/metal/clean tones too
Don't use an amp... or a headphone amp, there's so much out there have you even tried looking? There's apps for ipods, there's plugins for garageband, there's cheap headphone amps and there's learn to play without an amp because by yourself there is absolutely no need to have amp.
Quote by Tyson2011
when in doubt, adjust the truss rod.

Sfedf the First ...
or should it be the insane?
Quote by sfedf1
Don't use an amp... or a headphone amp, there's so much out there have you even tried looking? There's apps for ipods, there's plugins for garageband, there's cheap headphone amps and there's learn to play without an amp because by yourself there is absolutely no need to have amp.

You just contradicted yourself....

Anyways, if you have a half decent computer, using something like Guitar Rig or something like that would be a good option, or a headphone amp or mini amp. Really, it all depends on you. I'd personally go for Guitar Rig, since it offers recording and somewhat decent models of a bunch of amps.
Splawn Quickrod
Various Pedals
PRS Custom 22
Ibanez RG560
American Standard Strat
Surprised no one has said it yet..........

......what you really need is a new job.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by dragonballdbz
What is the best way a traveling consultant can keep his electric guitar hobby?
Start a band, get famous, and become a touring musician. Problem solved.
What you really need is a new amp...oh wait.

Roland Micro Cube?
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
I have a Vox Tonelab that I carry with me. Plug a nice pair of headphones into it and problem solved.
I'd say get one of those Desktop POD HD's. Either that or Guitar Rig 5. But if you have a laptop that isn't all that powerful it'll bog down with lots of effects and stuff...plus you'll have to buy an interface. In the end a POD HD + nice headphones is cheaper. And just as effective.

Best money I ever spent, just ask my wife...

Musician's friend carries them..

takes 2 AAA batteries.. I've even plugged it into my pedal board so I get all my effects... very versitile..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
ultimate portability is a stienberger and the 1 pod app. done. hell, with that setup a stewartess might not even think you have a musical instrument!!!!

and stienbergers are sticks. what cound break on it? no angled headstock or anything to crack. its a stick with a block on the bottom. you would have to have something come down on it hard and snap the neck, thats about it.

you could probably get away with a soft case easy.
i think that there is an app or something for iphones. i rig or something like that.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I use a Tascam GT-R1 and a Korg Px4. Love 'em.

The Px4 has been replaced by the Px5 and the Pandora Mini.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!