I've been trying to figure out what chord (if any) this one is:

e|--6--
B|--6--
G|--6--
D|--8--
A|--6--
E|-----

Would anyone be able to help me here?
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Bbmi11

Depends on the bass note though.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Last edited by kaptkegan at Dec 11, 2011,
Stack of fourths/fifths depending on which way your looking at it.

Could be any number of suspended chords depending on what comes next
7add9? a little rusty on the naming conventions but i see an Eb minor with a 2nd (f) and a major seventh (Db). no third. Depending on the context though, the Eb may or may not be the actual root so it could be other things. An example, i think, of when it is Eb is if you move between this chord and the same figure on the 1st fret (Bb7add9). Could be wrong though.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Last edited by psychokiller99 at Dec 11, 2011,
Yup, thats an Eb7sus2, like BSPDelta09 said.

All combinations of notes have names, it's worth learning some chord construction to help you figure them out.
Thanks guys! I'm working on learning more chordal theory
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
quick question on the topic: how do you determine to use Eb7add9 or Eb7sus2?
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
If you'd played the Eb7add9 there wouldn't be a 7 in it, changing the whole chord to a Ebadd9 without a a seventh.
Notes of Eb7sus2:
Eb Bb Db F

Notes of Eb(7)add9
Eb Bb F

Notes given:
Eb Bb Db F

You see, there is not D# in the add9 version, which is the seventh. You might be able to find a fingering for a Eb7add9 chord, but the given one got more notes in it than a regular Eb7add9 has.

Edit:
Sorry, missread the question.
Well, both chord types of the given one (it consists of a seventh and a sus2) create tension. So, in a chord context you would use this chord to resolve to another one.
For example, you could you is in some kind of jazz progression as a last chord leading to Em. This has some kind of jazzy feel in it I think.^^
Last edited by BSPDelta09 at Dec 11, 2011,
Quote by BSPDelta09
If you'd played the Eb7add9 there wouldn't be a 7 in it, changing the whole chord to a Ebadd9 without a a seventh.
Notes of Eb7sus2:
Eb Bb Db F

Notes of Eb(7)add9
Eb Bb F

Notes given:
Eb Bb Db F

You see, there is not D# in the add9 version, which is the seventh. You might be able to find a fingering for a Eb7add9 chord, but the given one got more notes in it than a regular Eb7add9 has.

Edit:
Sorry, missread the question.
Well, both chord types of the given one (it consists of a seventh and a sus2) create tension. So, in a chord context you would use this chord to resolve to another one.
For example, you could you is in some kind of jazz progression as a last chord leading to Em. This has some kind of jazzy feel in it I think.^^

sorry, you read the question correctly. my wording was unclear. I was wondering how to determine which name to use, since they appear to be the same to me. thanks for the info.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's