I think about purchasing the Bugara 1990 and I was wondering how well is it constructed how does it do at lower volumes etc.
Not very well made, but you're not really going to find anything with its specs in that price range, either, so there's your tradeoff. I didn't think it was good at lower volumes, but 1. It's a 100 watt amp and 2. I didn't think it sounded good at any volumes.
Hey, i am the owner of a bugera 1990, it's well worth the money, your not going to find anything like it in the price range. It's a 100 watter though so it's gonna be tough to play at low volume.. As for reliability i played it almost 3 years and never had a problem, it's a good amp for the price. I play a marshall jcm now and it doesn't compare, but it's also a lot cheaper. Overall i say try it out, and if you like it buy it
http://www.youtube.com/user/heavymetal1110
My youtube channel

Epiphone Korina explorer, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez GSA60, Ibanez AEG25
The amp: Bugera 1990
Pedals: Ibanez Tubescreamer,wylde od, wylde wah, Tc electronic g major,
You'll only get cleans at lower volumes. You also have to combine both channels and do a fair bit of tweaking to get a good sound.

I think mine sounds great for $300 and pretty decent in general once I got a feel for how to set it. I use it as a low-headroom, nasty bass amp--you might have to supplement it with a graphic eq pedal to get the most out of it on guitar, as I think the even response thing is what it does best.
some people bash bugera, but I have had mine for 2 yrs and only the input jack has went bad.
It will work at low volumes, but sounds better at higher volumes
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by camaross427
It's a 100 watter though so it's gonna be tough to play at low volume.
I use my Jet City at low volumes all the time when it's in my bedroom, it sounds great. Sounds better turned up, but it still works at a low volume. The volume knob does a wonder of things.

Though I agree with the rest about reliability, etc. The few Bugeras that I've played in real life were poor excuses for heads in terms of construction (not sound, they sounded great). They looked like plastic movie props and felt so beyond cheap it was laughable. On the 333xl I played I almost felt like I was going to snap the knobs off just turning them ever so slightly. Those knobs were plastic, not metal like how it looks in the pictures.

If you want JCM tones, then buy a used JCM combo for an almost similar price. You could also check out Jet City's stuff. Those will get you a close sound to JCM and are roughly in the same price range as the Bugera. The JCA50h would do the job; gets loud, sounds good at low volumes, has enough gain for just about anything, and is far better constructed than than 1990.

EDIT: BOOM! It's what the 1990 is ripping off and definitely worth the extra $200.

Actually, it's an SL-X 900 model, which everyone here says is great. The 1990 from what I've heard is based off the shittier JCM 900, the one with diodes in the preamp that everyone hates.
Last edited by Ian_the_fox at Dec 11, 2011,
^ I agree, i use a marshall 100 watt jcm in my bedroom and it sounds just fine, so the 100 watts isn't a problem, but it will always sound better cranked up
http://www.youtube.com/user/heavymetal1110
My youtube channel

Epiphone Korina explorer, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez GSA60, Ibanez AEG25
The amp: Bugera 1990
Pedals: Ibanez Tubescreamer,wylde od, wylde wah, Tc electronic g major,