Sup lads, im in the market for a new amp and im on a budget of $400 or less. Ideally im looking at a tube combo, doesnt have to be all tube, but im after the best tone for the buck here. I want cleans that'll make yer knees buckle, im not after world-ending distortion/overdrive but the ability to play some heavy stuff once in a while. Basically i need something that'll be really versatile but not sacrifice tone for versatility. I've narrowed it down to a few amps

I came across this, i havent played it yet because the shop's closed today, but it's a BH5112 which ive read are pretty alright amps. --> http://www.lamusic.ca/Black-Heart-BH5-112-p/bh5-112.htm

based on the specs, do you lot in the know think it's worth checking out?

Im also looking at a Bugera V22, a Marshall VS230, and in a perfect world, a know-nothing selling his used Mesa F-30 (pipe dream for $400, i know). Basically im looking for something that probably doesnt exist lol, but if any of you guys have any other suggestions im open to hearing the.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
If you're lucky and have some local shops in or around town, you may be able to find a used Vox AC30. I played my Strat through it and it was like butter. I didn't get it because I only had an amp to trade and the shop that had it was literally overflowing with amps. So I bought a Fender Hotrod III.
Yeah i was also considering the AC30, but the only Vox i could scrounge up here after doing a lengthy search-and-destroy on all the local music shops was an AC15. Not a bad amp, but for $400 i think i can do better, especially used.

Also just found this on craigslist, Laney LC30-112 for $425 (could probably get him down to $385 or so). I may be tempted into this, do any of you guys know much about the non-VC Laneys?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

Last edited by Acϵ♠ at Dec 11, 2011,
Blackhearts are great amps. I have both the Little Giant, and the Handsome devil! Both take pedals very well. If you can try to get the handsome devil it is the best of the blackhearts. Also the Vox AC4 is dang nice as well!
Gear:

Guitars
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez MBM2 EMGs
Fender MIM Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez AS93 BLS

Amp
Carvin V3m
Blackheart 4x12 cab

Pedals
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Wah
JamMan looper delay

Nice, can it go really loud without breaking up?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Keeping the gain and presence down ya it can. It's a Blackheart they are inherantly a dirty amp! But Ya I used It live for over a year and Never had trouble being heard over the drummer. Only thing I wish It had was reverb.
Gear:

Guitars
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez MBM2 EMGs
Ibanez AS93 BLS

Amp
Carvin V3m
Blackheart 4x12 cab

Pedals
Zakk Wylde Wah
JamMan looper delay

Awesome. Tomorrow im going to test it out at one of the shops, and ive spotted it on craigslist for $250(cdn). If it's not sold im going to snag it, i reckon
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Do play it! I have had mine for 2 years and have used it at gigs for 1 of those years, And have had no troubles with it!
Gear:

Guitars
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez MBM2 EMGs
Ibanez AS93 BLS

Amp
Carvin V3m
Blackheart 4x12 cab

Pedals
Zakk Wylde Wah
JamMan looper delay

So wait. The biggest difference between the BH5 and the BH15 is that there're dedicated drive and presence controls on the BH15? Obviously it would have more headroom as well? Also what would be some good OD pedals for it?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by Acϵ♠
So wait. The biggest difference between the BH5 and the BH15 is that there're dedicated drive and presence controls on the BH15? Obviously it would have more headroom as well? Also what would be some good OD pedals for it?

Yes the biggest difference is the addition of drive and presence controls, and Yes it has tons of headroom on the 15 watt setting I barely have to go over 1/2 volume when gigging.

As for pedals Try the amp 1st... It has quite a nice grind to it when the gain is up.
I use a Marshall Bluesbreaker II pedal it is a two in one Over Drive, and Distortion. And I have a Seymour Duncan TweakFuzz.