Ok I have an interface Focusrite Sapphire 40, Guitar and Mac what can I do with this to start recording?
you have a sapphire pro 40 yet you dont what it's for?

If you want a good tone you should stay away from plugging it directly in the interface. YOu could use a DI to record the dry signal yet have a balanced signal or you could use a Microphone and record you amp with it.

but you can record directly if that what you want to do, it just won't sound the best.
Last edited by ShevanelFlip at Dec 11, 2011,
Quote by Poisonouspot
haha, Thanks but what will I need for a good tone? just record straight in?

Plugins. VSTs. That's how you get your virtual effects and tones. An Interface is to solidify and assure the best input for your instruments, instead of using generic soundcard inputs. It's designed for studio-grade recordings.
Quote by ShevanelFlip
If you want a good tone you should stay away from plugging it directly in the interface. YOu could use a DI to record the dry signal yet have a balanced signal or you could use a Microphone and record you amp with it.

Actually, the Pro 40s have an instrument in jack on it. Sure, you might get a little better results with a DI but probably not enough to notice.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
Actually, the Pro 40s have an instrument in jack on it. Sure, you might get a little better results with a DI but probably not enough to notice.

I know. I own one.