Hey, I've got a quick question for you guys regarding two amps.
I'm a bit unsure about my decision, I've got a Peavey Vypyr 120 Tube 212 (it has 2 scratches on the side) for 300€ (400$) from my local GC. I had a bit of trouble getting my tone for my 7 string that I use to play on (Ibanez Apex2), apart from that, it really sounds awesome and heavy.

My question is, what is the main TONE difference between the vypyr and bugera's 6262. I wanted to test both of them, but I couldn't get the bugera since the GC was too stupid to have one. (they started loling cuz I asked for a Behringer amp). And I'm talking about the 212 version of both amps.

It's really giving me trouble and I cannot sleep well

Thanks guys! Cheers!
Last edited by Shadowsghost at Dec 11, 2011,
the bugera sounds better then the vypyr tube. an all tube signal path vs a tube power amp.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Just because an amp is all tube doesn't mean it sounds better than a non all tube amp.

In this case, I have to ask what you're going for, TS. They're two very different beasts - a modeler vs a one trick pony.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Just because an amp is all tube doesn't mean it sounds better than a non all tube amp.

In this case, I have to ask what you're going for, TS. They're two very different beasts - a modeler vs a one trick pony.

not because of tubes, but because it is better. The Vypyr is a diecent amp, but it is lacking in areas. Yes if you want versitility the vypyr will hook you up. If you want a nice higain sound with diecent cleans, the Bugera will do it better.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well, I want a thick rhythm tone, high gain with sustain, nice palm mutes and a nice clean tone. Effects are not THAT important.
The vypyr has all of this, but I'd like to know if its worth the trouble to get the bugera just for a tryout. I wanna know if there's a huge difference.

Thanks for the replies guys!
Like I said, they're totally different beasts. You're not giving us much info we can work with to help you.

What kind of tone are you trying to get? What bands do you want to sound like?

Quote by Robbgnarly
not because of tubes, but because it is better. The Vypyr is a diecent amp, but it is lacking in areas. Yes if you want versitility the vypyr will hook you up. If you want a nice higain sound with diecent cleans, the Bugera will do it better.

I will respectfully disagree with you. The only area my Vypyr lacks compared to my 5150 is the "feel". It doesn't have as much... "presence". But that has everything to do with the way a true tube amp feels, and nothing really to do with tone. My Vypyr surpasses my 5150 for tone.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Dec 12, 2011,
Sry lol.
Well I like playing Korn, Metallica, Slipknot etc. I want to get a rhythm tone, I'm not very interested in solos/lead stuff. Probably I still need to tweak my EQ and turn the amp up.(my room has like 15m² so 120W = a lot of pressure in a small room lol but it's fun)
And I like stuff/bands Ola Englund plays/covers on his youtube channel.

I'm also having some trouble with the noise output on some of the red channels (6505 and lower). But thats maybe because I still need to learn how this amp works.

Thanks!