Edit: This is for a guitar preamp

Alright, so I've been thinking of getting a preamp (I have a 2 amps that can work as a power amp) and then getting a power amp when I can afford it (can afford one but not both). So I was wondering is there any place I can go to actually plug my guitar in the pre/power amp and test it out (obviously you need both to play, but I hear most of the sound comes from the pre-amp so I might try a preamp out and switch between power amps and see if I like how it sounds).

Unfortunately this isn't really popular gear, so they wont have it at the local music shop or guitar center. So is there anywhere to actually test out a pre/power amps?
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at Dec 11, 2011,
at a store..........that carries them.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
at a store..........that carries them.

Such as...?

This is a guitar pre-amp btw.
a music store of corse
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
one of my local shops (local as in 25 minutes away) carries a few. you just have to ask around and see who carries what. see if any will order anything for you to try, with no obligation of buying. a few stores do this for me all the time because they figure, if i want it and they dont have it, somebody else is probably looking for it as well but wont ask. to them, its a good investment for the potential of me buying it when it comes in, and after that, its no different than any other piece of gear they order
Quote by Robbgnarly
a music store of corse

Too bad music stores don't have guitar preamps, not even guitar center.

Quote by User_Name336
one of my local shops (local as in 25 minutes away) carries a few. you just have to ask around and see who carries what. see if any will order anything for you to try, with no obligation of buying. a few stores do this for me all the time because they figure, if i want it and they dont have it, somebody else is probably looking for it as well but wont ask. to them, its a good investment for the potential of me buying it when it comes in, and after that, its no different than any other piece of gear they order

Yeah I've been trying that, although I really only went to the few stores that I knew of. I think they can order them in but that's if I'm planning to buy it.
you'll have to make some phone calls to find out. Or buy blind.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate