Any of you already been there and know of any good places/museums/coffee shops/touristy places to go to? Aside from the obvious things to do, are there any things only a more experienced traveller would know of that you could recommend to me?

tl;dr: Should I pay for a nice lady to let me put my willy in her.

Plans:
Smoke weed
F*ck bitches
Buy Clogs
Go to the zoo!!!!!!!!!!! (Shit do they have llamas? I fucking LOVE llamas)
Check out: Abraxas and Basjoe and Grey Area and 420/de Kuil and Greenhouse and Kafe Tweede Kramer and Coffeeshop 36 and coffee chop 'Central'(?)
Go the the Planetarium (sounds rad, always wanted to go to one)
Check out Prix d'Ami for food (and other suggestions would be highly appreciated)
Slogs sound sick as fuck, too.

Any tips on smoking outside of a coffee shop? I heard that 'black market' stuff is cheaper and better than coffeeshop stuff, any Amsterdamians want to hook SWIM up with a number?
Last edited by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT at Dec 15, 2011,
It's not really a trip to Amsterdam if you don't.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
You only live once.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
No but seriously any other suggestions for things to do would also be really fab. So far what i've got planned is to just get really toasted and thrust my wiener towards damp, unfamiliar places. Leaves me with 4 days of wondering what else to do though doesn't it.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Buy clogs.

This.
Wear them and make them your bitch. So much so that if anyone comes up to you and says, "are those clogs?" you could say, "Naw man, dey ma bitches."
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

If you're staying in the Red Light District (I assume you are) Abraxas and Greenhouse are supposed to be the best coffee shops.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
If you're staying in the Red Light District (I assume you are) Abraxas and Greenhouse are supposed to be the best coffee shops.

na bro, a hotel in the world trade centre.

I liked coffeeshop 36 which is on the main canal.

It may not have the best weed but there's a table right next to a window overlooking the canal where you can sit and watch the world pass you by. And the staff there were very friendly. Even by dutch standards.

My mates and I visited the Van Gogh museum and although it's a nice place with some brilliant pieces there, I'd say that if you miss it out you won't really kick yourself unless you're a big art fan. Other than that we didn't really do much touristy (as in traditional touristy, not amsterdam touristy) stuff. We went to the sex museum because it was close to our hostel, but it wasn't worth it imo. If you've been on the internet for any amount of time, you've seen all the lewdness it has to offer and there's very little in terms of historical value.

We wanted to go to the zoo and/or planetarium but we were only there for a few days and spent most of it getting high and in no mood to get a tram. So if you want to go, get on the tram and then find a place to smoke nearby.

We didn't go to a sex show purely because there was only 4 of us and 1 didn't want to go. We thought it'd be a bit shitty to leave her on her own and then the other 2 felt weird about going to a sex show with just the 2 of them. But it's definitely on our to do list for our next trip.

We wanted to rent a small boat and pick out spots to visit, but when we looked the only place we found that rented them was empty.

Wow, writing this makes me realise that we did **** all when we went. Lol.

Quote by Wolfinator-x
Buy clogs.

also this.

And slogs which are slipper clogs.

And waffles. God ****ing damn it the waffles are nice.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Droste
Hello from Amsterdam.

+1

The coffeeshop 'Central', near the central station has very decent pricing and quality, a lot of locals buy there. You can't really hang out there though, it's quite small. If you walk on a bit, the shop Prix d'Ami is good to lounge; It's quite luxurious; comfy couches, a bar, plasma TV's all around, just a nice place to hang out. You should check the internet for the adresses and such.

I live here, so I don't know too much about the touristy things, sadly enough. Anyways, have fun!

edit:
Oh, I forgot to say, Prix d'Ami also has quite a nice restaurant part, so there go yer munchies!
Tell me who's that writin'...
Last edited by Kylianvb at Dec 11, 2011,
You can buy marijuana brownies from coffee shops. "What should I do in Amsterdam?" Derp. Make sure you bring your iPod, which I can clearly see from your sig, is full of stoner metal.
you're a stone fox
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
Mate I fukin LOVE waffles.

Get some My Morning Jacket and Death Grips for the trip too.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
Get some My Morning Jacket and Death Grips for the trip too.

My Morning Jacket? Not heard of em before, suggest a few good'uns?
And yeah i've bummed the shit out of Exmilitary, aha, shared a 10s with him after his set when he played in Leeds too. Unless you're the same guy I told that to last time someone on here mentioned him. In which case, ignore that I just said it again.
You only need one song on your iPod for this trip.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by moscaespañol
You only need one song on your iPod for this trip.

? (or something else suffuciently generic and cliche and annoying)
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
Any of you already been there and know of any good places/museums/coffee shops/touristy places to go to? Aside from the obvious things to do, are there any things only a more experienced traveller would know of that you could recommend to me?

tl;dr: Should I pay for a nice lady to let me put my willy in her.

Plans:
Smoke weed
F*ck bitches
Buy Clogs
Go to the zoo!!!!!!!!!!! (Shit do they have llamas? I fucking LOVE llamas)
Check out: Abraxas and Greenhouse and Coffeeshop 36 and coffee chop 'Central'(?)
Go the the Planetarium (sounds rad, always wanted to go to one)
Check out Prix d'Ami for food (and other suggestions would be highly appreciated)
Slogs sound sick as fuck, too.

Any tips on smoking outside of a coffee shop? I heard that 'black market' stuff is cheaper and better than coffeeshop stuff, any Amsterdamians want to hook SWIM up with a number?

Who would wanna have sex with you?
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Amsterdam weed would get you fucking blasted out of your skull. I don't even smoke it anymore and I want some.

Truth be told though, I'd prefer to visit Vegas. I've got plans to go with a bunch of friends for a combined 21st party.
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
My Morning Jacket? Not heard of em before, suggest a few good'uns?
And yeah i've bummed the shit out of Exmilitary, aha, shared a 10s with him after his set when he played in Leeds too. Unless you're the same guy I told that to last time someone on here mentioned him. In which case, ignore that I just said it again.

I'm not a huge MMJ fan, but their cover of "Mother" is pretty cool.
you're a stone fox
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Amsterdam weed would get you fucking blasted out of your skull. I don't even smoke it anymore and I want some.

Truth be told though, I'd prefer to visit Vegas. I've got plans to go with a bunch of friends for a combined 21st party.

Sounds marverlous, the stuff i get in my hometown is okay-ish (Bradford/Leeds pretty much supply most of this part of the country with weed) but im really looking forward to having £300 in my back pocket, and just blowing it all on fancy strains/bongs/cookies/cakes/vapes/blunts etc. Really looking forward to tasting different strains though (I know its not a HUUUUUGE difference, but it'll be good init)

Quote by Saint78
I'm not a huge MMJ fan, but their cover of "Mother" is pretty cool.

WHY DID YOU SUGGEST THEM TO ME THEN????????????????//
Last edited by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT at Dec 11, 2011,
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
Sounds marverlous, the stuff i get in my hometown is okay-ish (Bradford/Leeds pretty much supply most of this part of the country with weed) but im really looking forward to having £300 in my back pocket, and just blowing it all on fancy strains/bongs/cookies/cakes/vapes/blunts etc. Really looking forward to tasting different strains though (I know its not a HUUUUUGE difference, but it'll be good init)

WHY DID YOU SUGGEST THEM TO ME THEN????????????????//

Cause the few songs I heard were trippy as ****.
you're a stone fox
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
? (or something else suffuciently generic and cliche and annoying)

Nope.

Quote by moscaespañol

: ))))))))))))
: )))))))))))))))
: ))))))
: ))))))))))))))))))
: ))))))))))
i concur.

'Drop out of life with bong in hand, follow the smoke towards the riff-filled land' became my motto at the beggining of the year. And I ended up going to the capital city of weed at the end of it, isnt life grand.
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
: ))))))))))))
: )))))))))))))))
: ))))))
: ))))))))))))))))))
: ))))))))))
i concur.

'Drop out of life with bong in hand, follow the smoke towards the riff-filled land' became my motto at the beggining of the year. And I ended up going to the capital city of weed at the end of it, isnt life grand.

You irk me.

With your excessive smiley faces and shit
What a long strange trip it's been

Nothing to see here.

You hail the calves as eloquently as any facade of Easter Island.

Quote by Pencil Man
You know it get's serious when UG's Obama tells you off.

Call me Mr. President
Quote by Nomack
You irk me.

With your excessive smiley faces and shit

and huge goddamn motherfucking sig.

seriously dude, it's an atrocity.

Here's the deal about the prostitution in Amsterdam.

I went to A'dam over the summer this year. A couple of friends were talking about getting some prostitutes and I was trying to decide if I wanted to as well. I ultimately decided against it for a number of reasons (I had a girlfriend, it's kind of wrong to objectify women like that, etc.). Upon hearing my friends stories about their experience with prostitutes, I was immensely glad I didn't have anything to do with it.

They said that what it's all about is the money. Every single thing you do costs money when you're dealing with the girls in the Red Light. My friend dropped about 100 Euro plus 20 American dollars for 10 minutes of missionary sex. Every time he tried to do anything other than have sex with her (touch her tits, etc.) the girl would tell him to stop unless he wanted to pay more money.

My other friend went to two different girls and dropped a total of 200 Euros plus some more US money and didn't even get to cum either time because of how much money it would have cost for him to continue.

If you look anything like a tourist, you will get screwed out of your money.

----

As for smoking bud goes, there was only one coffee shop we bought some weed from. The shop is called Tweede Kamer and it sits in an alleyway called Heisteeg which is between Spuistraat and Singel in the dead city center. The alleyway is between 4 and 6 blocks away from the Dam (which is the arguable center of the city) near a hotel called NH City Centre.

The guy in the shop was a super nice guy. He sold my friends 10 grams of bud (5 grams of the Jack Haere and 5 grams of G13/Amnesia) which is saying something when they are only legally allowed to sell 5 grams at the most. Also, he didn't ask for identification at all which was great because we were 17 at the time. When we asked to use the house bong, he packed it up and lit it for us. We gave him a great tip the second time we were in there (about 10 euros) and he gave us a copy of the official menu which I have hanging beside me bed.

If you're seriously worried about the quality of the coffeshop bud, then don't be. I smoked steadily on extremely good quality weed before I went to Europe and I can honestly claim that I was higher than I'd been in quite a while when I had three or four hits off the first doob we rolled. The bud is amazing. Kafe Tweede Kramer (the shop I mentioned) is also known for its amazing quality of hashish, something which we tried and it was good but apparently we bought the worst kind of hash. The Waterworks strain of hash that the store stocks has actually won the Cannabis Cup a couple years in a row.

Edit: according to my menu that I got from Tweede, the Waterworks is described as having a soft and rich smell and taste and the high is described as "extraordinary" and being "for experienced smokers only".

---
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Last edited by Weeping_Demon7 at Dec 11, 2011,
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

If you look anything like a tourist, you will get screwed out of your money.

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
They said that what it's all about is the money. Every single thing you do costs money when you're dealing with the girls in the Red Light. My friend dropped about 100 Euro plus 20 American dollars for 10 minutes of missionary sex. Every time he tried to do anything other than have sex with her (touch her tits, etc.) the girl would tell him to stop unless he wanted to pay more money.

----

The guy in the shop was a super nice guy. He sold my friends 10 grams of bud

---

yeah i did a quick google search and the reiterated tip was talk about prices/what you get up front, they said that way you get something like 15-20min for 50euro (for just fellacio, but thats fine i guess) which nears around to about £1 a minute, aha.

and yeah as for the weed, im not worried at all, im looking forward to just doing nothing but checking out places for the first 2/3 days, as well as checking out places people have listed here. Are there any specific places that are more sociable than others? Or any places that sell rad stoner shit? (record shops etc) or cafes that would suit my personality more than others? (i know thats a stupid fucking question to ask someone over the internet, but im just trying to get a feel of the place etc) like, do any of the cafes have any sort of theme, or are they just generic coffee shops?
Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
yeah i did a quick google search and the reiterated tip was talk about prices/what you get up front, they said that way you get something like 15-20min for 50euro (for just fellacio, but thats fine i guess) which nears around to about £1 a minute, aha.

and yeah as for the weed, im not worried at all, im looking forward to just doing nothing but checking out places for the first 2/3 days, as well as checking out places people have listed here. Are there any specific places that are more sociable than others? Or any places that sell rad stoner shit? (record shops etc) or cafes that would suit my personality more than others? (i know thats a stupid fucking question to ask someone over the internet, but im just trying to get a feel of the place etc) like, do any of the cafes have any sort of theme, or are they just generic coffee shops?

Addressing your first paragraph: keep in mind that any fellatio you're gonna be getting is gonna be with a condom on, so that would suck. (pun (not) intended) And I don't know if there is such a thing as a standard rate, but that you're gonna be hemorrhaging money any way you look at it. It's really not worth it man. Especially when you consider what it is you're doing and how it's kinda ****ed up, exploiting women and shit. Plus the girls don't treat you well at all. They're very snappy, unpleasant, and cold from what I understand.

Your second paragraph:

Kafe Tweede Kramer is quite small compared to many shops. But it's very comfy and warm. There's wood panelling everywhere. The booths and tabletops have very nice lacquered wood tops, the bar is the same. From what I understand, this shop is made for locals and not tourists. They don't have pieces to sell and memorabilia. Just great weed, hash, coffee, and pastries.

In the Red Light, we went into a coffeeshop that was both a pub and a place to smoke and buy weed. It wasn't anywhere near as chill. The people seemed hostile and the bartender was a bit of a dick. I forget what that bar was called.

There's a shop called Bulldog or something like it, and it's super big and pretty much made for American tourists. We never went inside it because of this, but it was pretty close to where we were staying (the NH City Centre Hotel was where we stayed) so I walked by the facade a lot.

Seriously dude, go to Tweede Kamer. Great place.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Weeping, how much did each of you guys end up spending? Me and a couple buddies want to go this summer
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Weeping, how much did each of you guys end up spending? Me and a couple buddies want to go this summer

We also went to Brugges, Paris, and London. All in all, I think it was kept under 5,000USD. That's for everything. You can go for far cheaper though. We had very nice accommodations, high quality food every night, etc.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
We also went to Brugges, Paris, and London. All in all, I think it was kept under 5,000USD. That's for everything.

Solid. Any idea roughly how much I should expect to drop there? I probably won't go anywhere else. I've already saw a lot of stuff the last time I went a few years ago for a school thing. We're going for the Amsterdam experience pretty much.

I'm not worried too much about the pricing for me, but for the guys going with me. I have a full time job this year and I don't have a lot of expenses. I know I'm going to burn through a horrendous amount of cash the way I travel.
Last edited by Thrashtastic15 at Dec 11, 2011,
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Solid. Any idea roughly how much I should expect to drop there? I probably won't go anywhere else. I've already saw a lot of stuff the last time I went a few years ago for a school thing. We're going for the Amsterdam experience pretty much.

I'm not worried too much about the pricing for me, but for the guys going with me. I have a full time job this year and I don't have a lot of expenses. I know I'm going to burn through a horrendous amount of cash the way I travel.

I speculate that you can get over there, back, and have ample amounts for food/drink/substances for no more than 3grand total.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I speculate that you can get over there, back, and have ample amounts for food/drink/substances for no more than 3grand total.

I guess I'll set 4.5 aside by the time summer comes around then.

thanks for the help, good to have an estimate from someone who's actually been. I also have a friend from Holland who is going to meet up with us so that'll probably help us avoid some of the really bad moneysinks.
Quote by Thrashtastic15

I got two tickets for £175.50 and the hotels costing us € 441.90 for 5 nights, so all in all its costing us 553 to get there and have totally rad accomidation (look how f*cking sweet these rooms are) and get back, which leaves me with £1k spending money, £200 a day (which i doubt ill get through.. but that just means i wont ever have to worry about the price of anything while im there)

ill probably only spend £100 a day on average, so its costing two of us £1553 everything considered (considering we want to spend £100 a day)

{edoot:} which is about $3k anyway, more or less. so yeah the man was spot on.
Last edited by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT at Dec 12, 2011,