Which do you prefer? I ask because I'm considering getting an Agile Les Paul style guitar and I can get either the single or triple bound body styles. The triple bound ones are more expensive and have upgraded features, but I could always get the cheaper one and buy the upgrades for it. The triple binding appealed to me at first, but I'm starting to wonder if it actually looks better. I don't really have any experience with it. Thoughts?
Quote by griffRG7321
Listen to this guy ^

Quote by Mad Marius
Nu-metal:

- tumble dryer
- cat
- pitch shifter
Buy whichever you think looks better. That's all there is to it. It's binding, the most functionally pointless part of any guitar. There is no reason whatsoever to not buy the guitar with the binding you prefer the look of.
Quote by grohl1987
Buy whichever you think looks better. That's all there is to it. It's binding, the most functionally pointless part of any guitar. There is no reason whatsoever to not buy the guitar with the binding you prefer the look of.

I understand this. Which is why I was asking for others' opinions on which looked better. Because I've never held a triple bound guitar.
Quote by griffRG7321
Listen to this guy ^

Quote by Mad Marius
Nu-metal:

- tumble dryer
- cat
- pitch shifter
I have yet to find a guitar that multi-ply looks good on. So my vote goes to single.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Of course, aesthetics are completely opinion. I just think it looks very "off". If it was black, it could work, but that weird grey color just doesn't work.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Multi-ply looks grey from a distance. At least to me it does. That picture looks like it has grey binding unless I look closely. I know it's a less harsh contrast and it's meant to smooth the lines, but sometimes it just looks funny. I prefer single ply because I tend to like higher contrast.
Some guitars look better with single ply binding, some guitars look better with multi-ply. I've never actually sat down and cared about whether or not a guitar I wanted had single or multi-ply binding... It's such a small aesthetic, I don't think it matters at all, unless it's more to get a guitar with multi-ply over single-ply.
The aesthetic value of either is a real small point to me, I would however weigh the options added by getting the "multi-ply" binding against what it would cost if you add those features you are willing to pay for.
i may be confused, but aren't we talking about two different models of guitars? if one is more expensive than the other, there may be difference in other aspects of the guitar? different pickups, color hardware, model (i.e. Fender Standard MIM v. HWY1 MIA), a step up? a good amount of the time, single ply would be found on a lower end guitar than multiply, but

what are the exact specs of the guitars?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Usually, yes, but with Agile a lot of times the only difference between models is the hardware.