So, before anyone says this, I'm not planning on moving out any time soon. I'm 17. However, when I do, I'd like to have some general knowledge of the expenses of living by yourself.

So, if you would, please list expenses that come about as a result of moving out. Things like rent, food, bills, I know, but anything is welcome.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Rent really depends on where you live. For your own room in Berkeley, CA its about $700 a month. Groceries run me between $150 and $200, and utilities run me about $50. You have to plan on furnishing yourself with stuff as well, whatever that means for your living situation.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
What's bugdet?

All jokes aside. It depends on where you wanna live, how you wanna live. How many people will you want to share with? In what sort of location do you want your flat to be? (centre of town is more expensive than further out).

I live off 800 quid a month...that includes everything
well it will change a lot depending where you are or what you'Re aiming for but...

MY rents is 525$\month for a 3 1\2. Food around 80-100$ a week ( for 2 people). Internet\Tv is 80 per month, lights are 18$ a month ( heat is included in the rent). Cellphone bill is 50$ a month. You can add any furniture you might be missing. If you dont own a washing machine, you're gonna have to pay to clean your cloth to( here its 2 $ a load 2,50 drying)

Add to that Transportation(42$ for a monthly pass) or gas if you own a car.

and all that is without the goodies( eating out, instruments\instr related stuff, beer, weed and all the other shiet).

That about 1100-1500$ a month.
Last edited by ShevanelFlip at Dec 11, 2011,
Things I have to pay for..

Rent
Food
Clothes (not often)
Electricity
TV License
Internet connection
Phone bills
Car Insurance
Petrol
Thing for in the house (we've bought a new TV, table and chair etc etc)
Cleaning equipment (aye, you have to clean shit yourself )
Cleaning fluids (for clothes and dishes)

That just about covers it I reckon. I guess we (me and my girlfriend) use something in the region of €1000-€1400 p/m
Last edited by sam b at Dec 11, 2011,
Thanks for all the responses so far. How about one time purchases like cutlery, curtains, etc.?

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Yes, badgers are awesome.

...shit, misread the title.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
Quote by cho0onger
Thanks for all the responses so far. How about one time purchases like cutlery, curtains, etc.?

that would be really hard to tell as your apartment my come with a few things but not everything you need.

If it's your first time moving, you might think about getting the basic like forks,plates,cooking stuff ya know. Also a bed storing appliances ect.

Maybe your parents can help you out, but youll probably have to go shopping or ask around for free stuff in your family.

Because starting with nothing and no help would be rather expensive. and you can expect to chip a few hundred dollars.
What's bugdet?

/QUOTE]
If I'm not mistaken I think he might be referring to "Bug Debts" its where an insect rings up too much stuff and isn't able to completely pay it off. Again I could be wrong.
Spend your money on guitar stuff you know you can't afford.

You'll be motivated to make more money, leading you to be success in no time.
Quote by Kevin19
Spend your money on guitar stuff you know you can't afford.

You'll be motivated to make more money, leading you to be success in no time.

(Invalid img)
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.