Have you ever been tired after spending some time changing the guitar strings? Would you rather prefer to have a device that make that automatically?
I'm trying to make this as a prototype for a project at my college, so please help me! Tell me your suggestions about what size or color should it be or any kind of specifications you think is important, and if you'll consider this as an helpful invention!
No.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
It's be so hard to implement.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
No offence, but wouldnt it be quicker to just do it manually?
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
I don't mean to be a hater but I think you have to make it very small and inexpensive. Thinking of the complex motions that go into changing strings it will be impractical
I don't mean to be a hater, but your idea is stupid. I meant to be a hater.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
ehm I was thinking to make only something that does the rotating movement of the hand while adjusting the strings to the peg, and about the price the mayor cost of the production is in the motor that if I'm not wrong is not more than 10 I think
if it could change all six and put them to about the right tension, it might be workable.

on any design, or at least both 3-3 and 6 on a side.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Durabain
ehm I was thinking to make only something that does the rotating movement of the hand while adjusting the strings to the peg, and about the price the mayor cost of the production is in the motor that if I'm not wrong is not more than 10 I think

http://www.jbmusicfactory.com/0/M/B0019H6750.htm

add me

String changing is a simple and mindless task that provides a great little window for performing some mundane maintenance. It's so easy that I would never even consider some kind of robot or machine to do it for me.

I mean, tired? Really? Take a fuckin' walk around the block. Jog, bitch. If a string change is too much for you, maybe you should find something tall to jump off of.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
uhm about the ernie ball one I could make an improvement on the design, one of the users says it is too slow and if by some reason you are in a presentation and need to change strings fast that would help a lot
Last edited by Durabain at Dec 11, 2011,
Quote by sam b
That doesnt change the strings

Is something like this what TS is on about?

Did you read the quote I pasted in with that link?
add me

If you're tired after changing your guitar's strings, how you change the strings is the least of your problems, my friend.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by sam b
That doesnt change the strings

Is something like this what TS is on about?

He said he's trying to make something that will turn the pegs.
I just came up with the most ingenious idea of life! Thanks for the idea bud, I'll get back to you when I'm a millionaire!!

Oh wait... I'll never do such a thing because I have no monies.... Investors anyone??

No, but for real.
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
ESP LTD EX-360
Peavey VYPYR 30W

"There's nothing constant in the universe.
All ebb and flow, and every shape that's born,
bears in it's womb, the seeds of change".
Quote by Durabain

That's why there are string winders. A machine wouldn't really know when to stop without breaking the string.
Quote by crazy8rgood
That's why there are string winders. A machine wouldn't really know when to stop without breaking the string.

I thought about that too, maybe it will have something that measures the tension or a constant number of revolutions to make
I was just putting a new pickup in my guitar today, and while I was restringing I noticed that the fact that there was no electronic short-cut or easy way to do it was actually kinda refreshing considering I do nothing but computer work all fucking day.

I then went to the gym and moved around heavy things for an hour. For relaxation.

What a bizarre world we live in where the repetitive and mechanical are actually RELAXING.

EDIT: No, I don't want your automated string-changer.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Dec 11, 2011,
make a floyd rose that tunes and strings itself and can account for change in string gauges and i will be your sex slave.