hey guys basically the song we wrote is in Dm so the solo is based on that however the way i play it, in context a B sounds better than the Bb (to me anyway) so just asking if I can technically get away with this? Just we're recording the album soon and the last thing I want is a mistake on there. I can upload a rough sample of the solo if it helps or can i say it moved to melodic minor haha?? Sorry im really terrabad at theory haha

or at second thought i could just move it down to the 12th fret where its all relative... but still curious
I'm gonna live forever and if I don't suceed i'll die trying.
Originally posted by Liberation
Damn. You win Master Shake. I am not worthy!
Last edited by Master Shake at Dec 11, 2011,
You should use E harmonic minor. Trust me, it works.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Master Shake
I can upload a rough sample of the solo if it helps

That'd definately be best. Also, what's the progression, rhythm, time signature etc? Need context really.

Go with your instincts though man, I'm sure it sounds good.
Quote by Master Shake
hey guys basically the song we wrote is in Dm so the solo is based on that however the way i play it, in context a B sounds better than the Bb (to me anyway) so just asking if I can technically get away with this? Just we're recording the album soon and the last thing I want is a mistake on there. I can upload a rough sample of the solo if it helps or can i say it moved to melodic minor haha?? Sorry im really terrabad at theory haha

Play whatever the hell you want. If it sounds good it's good.

end o' story
might keep it in mind for the next one, I like the solo so dont really feel like re-writing it just now but we seem to write in Dm at lot haha
Play what sounds good, part of being a good soloist is being able to play non-scale notes that sound good. Basically what blues scales are all about.
Quote by mdc
That'd definately be best. Also, what's the progression, rhythm, time signature etc? Need context really.

Go with your instincts though man, I'm sure it sounds good.

goes Dm..., C..., A..., C..., F Em, Dm... in 4/4 with a straight rhythm, slow lagging kind of feel (kind of an epic doom/prog song). and cheers guys, was as much as a curiosity thing if anything, it certainly doesnt sound too off for my ear... not that thats saying too much haha
Accidental. Boom. There you go. Also, it doesn't really matter.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Played it through a few times. Is the solo improvised or written? Either way, it's a matter of personal taste. I played it through a few times, and my ear likes both B and Bb, would quite happily use both.

It could be do with the fact there's an Em in there, which is borrowed from the parallel key.
bit of both man and thanks so much for your help guys!
Quote by Master Shake
Sorry im really terrabad at theory

I could tell because you asked this...
Quote by Master Shake
so just asking if I can technically get away with this?
and didn't realize you had already given the answer...
Quote by Master Shake
in context a B sounds better than the Bb (to me...
In music you should always trust your ear over and above everything else. The theory will sort itself out. That's how theory works.
Si
Last edited by 20Tigers at Dec 12, 2011,